Student Employment Opportunities
The Technology and Learning Program employs a small team of students who perform the vital and interesting work of supporting faculty via email, phone and in person in our faculty walk-in lab, Meriam Library 003. Our focus is on providing the best possible customer service to our faculty and staff clients.
Students assist faculty with:
- The Blackboard Learning Management System
- Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentations
- Video editing and streaming media
- Photo editing
- Accessibility of instructional materials
- Web 2.0 applications
- Use of TLP equipment: video and still cameras, projectors, audio systems, etc.
Some skills that our students develop during their employment include:
- Customer service
- Client relationship management
- Technical writing in our enterprise wiki to collaborate and share knowledge
- Instructional design to produce tutorials and eLearning course materials
- Blogging about educational technology topics on our TLP Blog
- Audio/Video hardware troubleshooting
- HTML web page editing to help faculty build engaging instructional material
- Photoshop to design course banners and marketing materials for TLP
- Proficiency with Mac and PC operating systems and common browsers
- Research into emerging web technologies
TLP Student employees also perform faculty assistant duties in the hybrid online classrooms used by Distributed Learning Technology to deliver live video courses using the Blackboard Collaborate software. In this capacity, each student works closely with one or more faculty members to facilitate the experience of the students attending class online.
Each TLP staff member works a consistent weekly schedule, on average about 12 hours per week. As few as 6 hours and as many 20 hours are accommodated (up to 40 in the summer).
Interested in Applying?
You must be a currently enrolled CSU, Chico student eligible for student employment. Work study is available. TLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, disability, left-handedness, or pizza topping preference.
Please download and return the following items to Jim Aird in MLIB 003:
- TLP Application with attached Skill Self-Assessment
- Form showing your availability for the relevant semester, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Contact Jim Aird, lab supervisor, at (530) 898-3209 or email email@example.com
Thanks for your interest!
Phone: (530) 898-6167
Hours: Monday - Friday
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Miriam Library 003