Statements from CSU, Chico President Gayle Hutchinson and CSU Chancellor Timothy White on President Trump's recent Executive Order on immigration.
Undergraduate Education at California State University, Chico supports the university’s diverse undergraduate students by creating innovative curricular and co-curricular programs that provide an integrative, engaging education shaped by Chico’s unique residential campus environment.
People and Programs
Undergraduate Education’s student-focused programs include the Chico Student Success Center, the First Year Experience Program, the Honors Program and the Office of Civic Engagement. This group of collaborative professionals work together to recruit, retain, and graduate students who find themselves and their dreams and advance in a life-long journey of personal, academic, and civic discovery.
The Dean of Undergraduate Education also chairs the Graduation Initiative Team, oversees Academic Program Review, and serves as Provost’s representative on the Academic Assessment Council, General Education Curriculum Advisory Board, Educational Policies and Programs Committee, Early Start Team, the University Writing Committee, and other essential educational and administrative functions.
- Support Student Development and respond to student needs with innovative programs that prepare students for success in college and beyond. Student success is our first priority.
- Connective, Integrative, and Relevant educational experiences focused upon graduating students well-prepared for fulfilling professional, civic, and personal lives.
- Inclusiveness through sharing cross cultural experiences, respecting diverse perspectives, and providing forums for those not often heard to cultivate greater understanding.
- Creative, Innovative, Evidence-based Solutions that empower students, staff, faculty, and administrators in support of student success.
- Respectful and Collaborative Relationships characterized by integrity, commitment to student well-being, and programs proven to support student success.
Undergraduate Education advances Chico State’s mission of access and excellence through attracting and retaining diverse students who excel academically and graduate in a timely manner. Undergraduate Education is a catalytic force for preparing graduates with the intellectual, social and civic skills needed to thrive in a diverse and globalized world.
California State University, Chico
400 West First Main Street
Chico, CA 95929-0128
Tel: (530) 898-6891
Summer 2017 Student Awards for Research and Creativity
Now is the time to apply for the Summer 2017 SARC awards. Read the eligibility and award details on the application page, or attend one of the information sessions in room MLIB 171. Session times are:
- Wednesday February 15th 11a.m-12p.m
- Thursday February 16th 12p.m-1p.m
- Friday February 17th 1p.m-2p.m
Deadline for submission of applications is no later than Friday, March 3rd, 5:00 p.m.
***You do not have to be enrolled in the honors program to apply.
Student Awards for Research and Creativity
Applications now being accepted! The Provost's Student Awards for Research and Creativity are grants available to students at CSU, Chico to complete original projects under the guidance of faculty or staff advisors.
Susan Roll Appointed Director of Civic Engagement
UED is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Susan Roll to the position of Director of Civic Engagement effective Spring 17 semester.