Welcome to the Office of Undergraduate Education. Our office serves Chico State's educational mission, particularly as it applies to beginning students and the General Education program, by means of creating, supporting and testing programs that strive for excellence in student learning, discovery, creativity and public engagement.
The goal of the Office of Undergraduate Education is to introduce students to, and cultivating that special sense of place that distinguishes Chico as -
- a place for learning and achievement;
- a place of public purpose and service;
- a place of natural beauty
- a strong and caring learning community
Undergraduate Education supports these goals through providing (a) programs such as Honors which is intensely focused on promoting student success in enriched learning environments; (b) field-testing innovative programs for improving student success - programs such as the First-Year Experience and Civic Engagement, and; (c) supporting innovative and active teaching and learning environments through the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching.
- Academic Advising Information
- Academic Organization
- Academic Planning and Program Review
- Catalog Deadlines
- Classroom and Office Management
- Course Proposals and Changes, Curricular Policies
- Department Chair Duties and Responsibilities
- Executive Memoranda
- General Education and Cultural Diversity(Eth and NW) Requirements
- Program Proposals and Revisions
- Scheduling, Faculty Workload and Academic Planning Database(APDB)
- Writing Proficiency and Literacy Requirements
Chico State's Outstanding CLA Results
We have received our CLA report for AY 12-13 and Chico State seniors continue to demonstrate outstanding results on this test of analytical thinking and writing.
CSU, Chico presents at the American Democracy Project Conference
Presentation: Going Public - Aligning Classroom Pedagogy with Institutional Commitments to Civic Engagement