The Deans' Cup and the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA)
Each Spring semester, the College Deans recruit graduating seniors from their colleges to take the CLA exam as part of an academic competition known as the "Deans' Cup." The winning team - the one with the highest average score - wins a trophy for their College and bragging rights. The high scorer on each College team wins $100, and the overall high scorer wins the grand prize of $500.
The current College champion is the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences. The grand prize winner last year was Adam Roth, Sociology major of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences. Adam received $500!
2012 Deans’ Cup Competition dates and times:
March 25-28 5:00 –6:30PM, SSC 410
April 2-4 5:00 –6:30PM, SSC 410
April 8-11 5:00 –6:30PM, SSC 410
April 15-18 5:00 –6:30PM, SSC 410
Please bring a picture ID (driver's license or Wildcat card) to present when you sign-in.
Register for the CLA here.
Contact Your College Office for Details and sign-up information:
- College of Agriculture: 317 Plumas Hall, ex 5844
- College of Behavioral & Social Sciences: 701 Butte Hall, ex 6171
- College of Business, 301 Tehama Hall, ex 6272
- College of Communications and Education: 203 Tehama Hall, ex 4015
- College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management: 410 O'Connell Hall, ex 5963
- College of Humanities and Fine Arts: 109 Performing Arts Center, ex 5351
- College of Natural Sciences: 285 Holt Hall, ex 6121
- 5 competitors from the College of Agriculture
- 15 competitors from the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management
- 20 competitors from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- 20 competitors from the College of Business
- 20 competitors from the College of Communication and Education
- 15 competitors from the College of Humanities and Fine Arts
- 15 competitors from the College of Natural Sciences
Not sure of your college? Check this list of academic programs for your major.