Undergraduate Education at California State University, Chico supports the university’s diverse undergraduate students by creating innovative curricular and co-curricular programs that provide an integrative, engaging education shaped by Chico’s unique residential campus environment.
People and Programs
Undergraduate Education’s student-focused programs include the Chico Student Success Center, the First Year Experience Program, the Honors Program and the Office of Civic Engagement. This group of collaborative professionals work together to recruit, retain, and graduate students who find themselves and their dreams and advance in a life-long journey of personal, academic, and civic discovery.
The Dean of Undergraduate Education also serves Academic Affairs and the university as Accreditation Liaison Officer, Chair of the Graduation Initiative Team, with oversight of Academic Program Review, and as Provost’s representative on the Academic Assessment Council, General Education Curriculum Advisory Board, Educational Policies and Programs Committee, Early Start Team, the University Writing Committee, and other essential educational and administrative functions.
- Support Student Development and respond to student needs with innovative programs that prepare students for success in college and beyond. Student success is our first priority.
- Connective, Integrative, and Relevant educational experiences focused upon graduating students well-prepared for fulfilling professional, civic, and personal lives.
- Inclusiveness through sharing cross cultural experiences, respecting diverse perspectives, and providing forums for those not often heard to cultivate greater understanding.
- Creative, Innovative, Evidence-based Solutions that empower students, staff, faculty, and administrators in support of student success.
- Respectful and Collaborative Relationships characterized by integrity, commitment to student well-being, and programs proven to support student success.
Undergraduate Education advances Chico State’s mission of access and excellence through attracting and retaining diverse students who excel academically and graduate in a timely manner. Undergraduate Education is a catalytic force for preparing graduates with the intellectual, social and civic skills needed to thrive in a diverse and globalized world.
California State University, Chico
400 West First Main Street
Chico, CA 95929-0680
Tel: (530) 898-6891
Outstanding Student Leader
Jessica Candela is Undergraduate Education's Outstanding Student Leader for 2015-2016