Loading and Unloading Rules
All persons wishing to drive inner campus and temporarily park their vehicle near campus buildings to actively load or unload items must first obtain permission from University Police Department.
Permission may be requested prior to driving on campus by visiting the University Police Department, located on the corner of W. 2nd and Normal Streets in Yuba Hall, or by phoning 898-5555 as soon as the requestor has reached the desired location.
Vehicles parked inner campus for the purpose of loading or unloading are restricted to a twenty (20) minute time limit.
Permission to load and unload vehicles is granted with the understanding that this is not permission to park inner campus, but for the purpose of actively loading and unloading a vehicle.
Vehicles may be subject to citation if:
- Vehicle has not been given prior permission to use the inner campus area for loading or unloading
- Vehicle has exceeded the maximum time limit for loading and unloading
Vehicles found to be in violation of any of the parking restrictions listed on this website are subject to a parking citation, revocation of loading and unloading privileges, towing, and/or other action, as deemed necessary by the University Police Department for the safety and security of campus property and the community at large.
Inner Campus Traveling and Parking Restrictions
- Vehicles shall not travel at a speed greater than 5 mph.
- Vehicles shall be kept in good working order, so as not to leak hazardous materials such as, gasoline, oil, diesel, or anti-freeze on inner campus roadways, walkways, or sidewalks.
- Vehicles shall not park on any unpaved areas such as grass, planted areas, or dirt areas.
- Vehicles shall not park in stalls, or any portion thereof, marked for specific purposes, without permission from the University Police (state vehicle stalls, handicapped stalls, Facility Management stalls, etc).
- Vehicles shall not park in such a manner as to block, obstruct, impede, or delay any emergency vehicle.
- Vehicles shall not block or obstruct any doorway, driveway, or portion thereof.