University Staff Development Programs
Our mission is to enhance the current and future organizational effectiveness of the university by assessing, prioritizing, recommending and promoting staff development. We support the professional and personal development programs that invest in the University’s most valuable resource, its people.
- Cultivate the University’s workforce and the organizational culture through professional development programs;
- Assist employees who choose to seek career opportunities or advancement in developing their interpersonal, supervisory, and managerial skills:
- Improve the quality of work life and job satisfaction for employees;
- Increase effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity in the workplace.
- Contribute to the University's Strategic Plan, specifically Strategic Priority #2, which states, “Believing in the importance of faculty and staff, and their role in student success, we will continue to invest in faculty and staff development."
- Conceptualize, design and present training programs that will motivate, challenge, strengthen and enlighten staff and to align professional skills with organizational needs.
- Promote teamwork. The University relies on the cooperative efforts of everyone, which requires employees to work together, solve problems, share successes, and create new visions.
- Improve key interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Enhance workforce/organizational flexibility. Promote and support change and assist individual and departments as they adapt to change.
- Support and encourage participation in CSU systemwide training and conferences.
- Support open communication, involvement, empowerment, and recognition of excellence.
New Materials ready for checkout in the Resource Library!
The University Staff Development Program is proud to add three new books to the Resource Library:
- "Reframing Academic Leadership" by Lee G. Bolman and Joan V. Gallos
- "Hits of Humor"-CD by Steve Gilliland
- "Hits of Humor" by Steve Gilliland
- "Words To Live By" by Steve Gilliland
- "Making A Difference"-DVD by Steve Gilliland
- "Making A Difference"-Audio Book by Steve Gilliland
- "Making A Difference" by Steve Gilliland
- "The Truth About Balance" by Colette Carlson
- "The Truth About Communication" by Colette Carlson
- "Our Iceberg Is Melting" by John Kotter
- "The Good Stuff" by Christine Cashen
- "Healthy Motivations" by Andy Core
- "The I in Team" by Susan K. Gerke and Linda V. Berens
Desktop Training Available
Desktop Training is available for faculty and staff from IT Support Services (ITSS).