Funding Request Guidelines
University Staff Development Programs will be in transition during the Fall 2013 semester and requests for funding will be on hold during the transition.
Preference will be given to requests that contribute to the University's Strategic Plan, specifically Strategic Priority #2, which states, “Believing in the importance of faculty and staff, and their role in student success, we will continue to invest in faculty and staff development.”
Proposals that benefit a large number of staff members are encouraged. An example of this type of request would involve a participant who, upon completion of the training project, would offer the training to others.
A request must be received more than 30 days prior to events in order to ensure timely responses.
Supervisors must sign the Funding Request Form to indicate their commitment to the proposed training before the request will be considered by the committee.
- The following normally will NOT be approved for funding by the University Staff Development Committee:
- membership fees or organization dues
- funding requests for events scheduled outside normal work hours (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday);
- expenses for off-campus travel (the committee recommends bringing presenters to campus to provide more widespread and efficient training)
- mandatory training—trainings that meet externally-mandated skills; trainings to obtain abilities required for one's current job classification; competencies required to preserve safe working conditions; and expertise needed to forestall liability or other risk within the administrative unit.
- First consideration will be given to funding requests received by September 30 of each academic year. Pending additional funds, review of requests received between October 1 and December 15 will then be considered. If funds remain after these two cycles, the committee will notify all staff during the spring semester and provide deadlines for submission of additional funding requests.