California Student Veteran Conference
Friday, April 1st, 1pm - 4pm - Travel Day & Career Fair
Saturday, April 2nd, 9am - 5pm - Main Conference
Sunday, April 3rd, All Day - Travel & Reflection Day
Selvester's Cafe, CSU Chico Campus
The Student Veteran Organization and Veteran Educational Support Team at CSU Chico is hosting a California-wide Student Veteran Conference! Schools outside of California are welcome to attend as well.
This conference is focused toward Student Veteran leaders. At the conference, we will address topics such as:
- Resume and Interview Strategies and how to maximize your value
- Creating and incorporating cost effective programs into your SVO's offerings
- Strategies in communicating Veteran needs with your Campus Administration
- Networking with other Student Veterans and Student Veteran Organizations
- Building effective staff and faculty support models on campus
- Communicating Student Veteran needs beyond the campus - to the college and university systems and the State of California
On Friday afternoon, we will have a career fair with employers located throughout California specifically looking to hire Veterans.
Registration Fees - Through March 21st:
- Students - $10
- Non-Students - $20
Registration Fees - Beginning on March 22nd:
- Students - $20
- Non-Students - $40
Your registration includes lunch on Saturday and parking for the conference. Friday morning and Sunday are Travel Days.
Conference Registration - 2 Steps
Step 1: Complete Registration Form: Registration Closed!!
Step 2: Pay for Conference Registration: Registration Closed!!
Oxford Suites Chico
- Studio King Suite - $90 / Night + Tax
- Studio Queen Suite - $100 / Night + Tax
- Executive King Suite - $105 / Night + Tax
- Reservations: (530) 899-9090
- Group Rate - Mention: "Student Veteran Organization"
- Includes Hot Breakfast
- Includes 2 Beverage Tickets for Hotel Lounge
- Rate Guaranteed until Friday, March 11th
- Address: 2035 Business Ln, Chico, CA 95928
- Short Drive to Conference and Downtown.
Heritage Inn Express Chico
- $85 / Night + Tax
- Reservations: (530) 343-4527
- Group Rate - Mention: "Chico State Veterans"
- Includes Continental Breakfast
- Rate Guaranteed until Friday, March 18th
- Address: 725 Broadway St, Chico, CA 95928
- Walking Distance to Conference and Downtown
If you have suggestions on topics to be covered during the conference or would like more information, please contact the CSU Chico Student Veteran Organization at email@example.com or by calling / texting Conference Co-Chair James Smith at (530) 591-5494.
Parking for the Conference is located near the intersection of 2nd St. and Cherry St. in Chico, CA. The entrance is on Cherry St. between 1st and 2nd Streets. For Directions via Google to the Conference Parking Area, Please Click on this link and enter your address in Box "A": http://goo.gl/maps/M1Kkp