Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, CSU, Chico
Academic Plan Strategic Goals
Goal #1: Enhance student learning–both inside and outside the classroom.
- Recruit, enroll, retain and graduate a diverse, high-quality student population
- Offer excellent and distinctive programs
- Deliver active, collaborative and transformative pedagogies
- Support student participation in regional, national and international learning opportunities
- Ensure access to the most effective information and learning resources
- Provide superior student support systems
- Demonstrate educational effectiveness
Goal # 2: Nurture excellence in faculty and staff.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a diverse, excellent faculty and staff
- Strengthen and integrate teaching, scholarship, student learning and public service
- Support professional growth and achievement
- Recognize, value and celebrate outstanding performance
Goal # 3: Educate for a sustainable global society.
- Deliver curricular and extra-curricular programs for sustainability
- Promote scholarly and creative activities in sustainability
- Provide regional leadership for sustainable development practices
- Assist the University to serve as a model sustainable campus
Goal # 4: Serve the North State and beyond.
- Address diverse educational needs
- Stimulate sustainable economic development
- Support a rich cultural and artistic environment
- Collaborate through mutually beneficial public engagement initiatives
Goal # 5: Strategically manage resources in support of mission, shared values and vision.
- Marshal resources to achieve mission, vision and goals
- Align all resources to achieve mission, vision and goals
- Foster a culture of evidence-based planning and decision making across all units
- Demonstrate organizational effectiveness
Go back to Academic Plan