Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Regalia Purchasing Guidelines

If colleges/departments would like to purchase sashes, caps or gowns that faculty or students take with them when they depart, they should use only their foundation/annual funds. Using state operating funds would be gifting state resources which is not permitted.  If the college/department is purchasing general regalia that will stay in the college/department and is loaned out to faculty, they may use state operating funds; however renting them through the AS Bookstore using foundation dollars is a better, less expensive option.