CSU, Long Beach Accountability Report
CSULB Strategic Planning CSULB is committed to effective planning. The campus routinely conducts formal planning at three levels: (1) the entire university, (2) each of the four campus divisions, and (3) colleges and programs within divisions. A significant campus strength is the clear linkage between university-wide planning and university-wide budgeting. Several indicators demonstrate the maturity and effectiveness of planning at CSULB:
- Annual goal setting for the whole campus achieved through the Mid-Range Goals Process.
- The annual resource allocation process based on campus plans accomplished through the Resource Planning Process Committee.
- Accountability reporting to the Chancellor's Office that thoughtfully addresses key campus issues.
- Development of a long-range enrollment management plan approved by the Academic Senate and the Chancellor's Office.
- Planning and implementation of a new General Education program.
- Development of a Multi-Year Plan for the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Annual goal setting and program review in the Division of Student Services.
- Annual goal setting in the Division of University Relations and Development.
- Annual goal setting and more recently the Balanced Scorecard Initiative in the Division of Administration and Finance.
- Planning and allocation of technology funds by the Baseline Access to Technology Committee.
Below are recent planning reports. For an overview of campus processes, see "CSULB Planning Processes."
The content on this page was copied from the CSU, Long Beach Accountability Report on April 12, 2002 in order to retain the information despite any changes to the original site.