Criteria for Review 2.4
The institution's expectations for learning and student attainment are developed and widely shared among its members (including faculty, students, staff, and where
appropriate, external stakeholders). The institution's faculty takes collective responsibility for establishing, reviewing, fostering, and demonstrating the attainment of these expectations.
Links to Evidence and Related Topics
Faculty, students, and others who are interested may review the above accreditation documents which are maintained in the Office of the Provost. The WASC accreditation report is available on the Chico Web. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges may be
reached at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 90501 (510-748-9001).
- Academic departments have developed goals and objectives for their master's programs (examples):
- Academic departments have developed assessment plans to measure progress
in meeting their learning objectives
- Faculty are involved in evaluating students' culminating activities, e.g. portfolio reviews, attendance at thesis
defenses, reading comprehensive exams
- Some departments have graduate studies committees (i.e., Geography, Anthropology) that oversee the graduate program in the department (including curriculum evaluation and revision, monitoring student progress, developing learning goals (MBA) and objectives and assessing outcomes)
- Graduate Coordinators Committee (GCC), composed of the
graduate coordinator from each graduate program, serves as a clearinghouse for information on departmental practices and a venue for discussion of best practices; GCC reviews graduate programs every
five years and approves curriculum changes.
- Comprehensive exams:
- Graduate Student Handbooks
Criteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.1CFR_2.1Criteria for Review 2.1/2.1 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.2CFR_2.2Criteria for Review 2.2/2.2 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.3CFR_2.3Criteria for Review 2.3/2.3 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.5CFR_2.5Criteria for Review 2.5/2.5 evidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.6CFR_2.6Criteria for Review 2.6/2.6 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.7CFR_2.7Criteria for Review 2.7/2.7 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.4CFR_2.4Criteria for Review 2.4/2.8 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.90CFR_2.90Criteria for Review 2.9/2.9 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.910CFR_2.910Criteria for Review 2.10/2.10 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.911CFR_2.911Criteria for Review 2.11/2.11 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.912CFR_2.912Criteria for Review 2.12/2.12 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.913CFR_2.913Criteria for Review 2.13/2.13 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.914CFR_2.914Criteria for Review 2.14/2.14 Evidence