Criteria for Review 2.5
The institution's academic programs actively involve students in learning, challenge them to achieve high expectations, and provide them with appropriate and ongoing feedback about their performance and how it can be improved.
Links to Evidence and Related Topics
- Graduate coordinators monitor student progress in the graduate program and approve their classification at progressively higher stages from conditionally classified through advancement to candidacy
- Graduate students work closely with faculty throughout their program, which ensures on-going feedback on student progress in meeting faculty expectations
- Policies on culminating activities demonstrate high expectations of student performance; departments have processes for helping students to prepare for the culminating experience
- Course syllabi demonstrate appropriate academic expectations for graduate students
- Department/program goals (MBA) and objectives articulate appropriate expectations of graduate students.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in their graduate program; GCC established a probation and disqualification policy that identifies students who fall below the minimum GPA and informs them that they will be disqualified unless they raise their GPA within a specified period of time.
- Students are required to pass the Graduate Writing Requirement (GWAR), as determined by individual programs.
- Thesis editor works with students to meet all requirements for the culminating experience, including Copyright and Human Subjects Review.
- All theses and projects are run through Turnitin.com unless specifically instructed not to do so by a department:
Criteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.1CFR_2.1Criteria for Review 2.1/2.1 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.2CFR_2.2Criteria for Review 2.2/2.2 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.3CFR_2.3Criteria for Review 2.3/2.3 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.4CFR_2.4Criteria for Review 2.4/2.4 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.6CFR_2.6Criteria for Review 2.6/2.6 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.7CFR_2.7Criteria for Review 2.7/2.7 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.4CFR_2.4Criteria for Review 2.4/2.8 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.90CFR_2.90Criteria for Review 2.9/2.9 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.910CFR_2.910Criteria for Review 2.10/2.10 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.911CFR_2.911Criteria for Review 2.11/2.11 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.912CFR_2.912Criteria for Review 2.12/2.12 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.913CFR_2.913Criteria for Review 2.13/2.13 EvidenceCriteria for Review//csuchico/www/vpaa/wasc/cpr/CFRs2/CFR_2.914CFR_2.914Criteria for Review 2.14/2.14 Evidence