Criteria for Review 2.9
The institution recognizes and promotes appropriate linkages among scholarship, teaching, student learning and service.
In its Values statement, CSU, Chico affirms
We promote active learning, curiosity, and a balance between the abstract and the applied,
between the learning that occurs in our classrooms, studios, and laboratories, and that which occurs beyond, through clubs, service engagements, social interactions and other expressions of a full
and healthy student environment. The statement continues: We acknowledge not only the obligation of service, but also the value of service to others in defining institutional character and
measuring institutional performance.
Links to Evidence and Related Topics
- Departmental Retention, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP) Guidelines demonstrate a valuing of; scholarship, teaching, and creative activity:
- University Faculty Personnel Policies and Procedures (FPPP)
- Sections of University FPPP relating to professional development / Faculty Leaves- Section 9.1
- Executive Memorandums (EMs):
- Official statements, newsletters, open letters to the campus community, highlighting that CSU, Chico actively recognizes and promotes appropriate linkages among scholarship, teaching, student
learning and service.
- Service Learning Activities at CSU, Chico
- Student Internships
- Technology and Learning Program
- Student-Led Sustainability Conference: This Way to