Campus Waste Reduction Tips and Resources for Waste Disposal
Waste Reduction Tips
Click on the following links to find out ways to reduce waste on campus
- BYOCup and get rewarded for using a reusable cup or mug.
- Double Sided Printing
- Eliminate Junk Faxes
- Now Print is a convenient way to submit orders online to University Printing Services.
- Office Supply Exchange Program
- Printing Green
- SCOOP provides sustainable consultations to all campus departments and offices.
Resources for Waste Disposal
Most of the waste produced on campus can be recycled. By taking part in recycling you can help to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill. By recycling you will be helping to preserve natural resources and protect the environment for you and for future generations.
AS Recycling provides recycling bins for offices and departments. Contact AS Recycling ext. 5033 to request a bin for everyday use, a special event, or an office clean out. If you have a surplus of recyclable materials in your office and your weekly pick-up is several days away, call the AS Recycling office to schedule a special pick-up
For information on how to recycle certain campus generated items click on the following links:
- Cell Phones
- Comb Bindings
- Confidential Material
- Food Waste
- E Waste
- Energy Bar Wrappers
- Light Bulbs
- Phone Books
- Rubber Bands
- Surplus Property
- Toner and Ink Jet Cartridges
- Universal Waste