Turn Off The Lights
We are asking the campus community to be mindful of energy use and begin taking small steps to reduce our impact on the environment. One of the easiest steps you can take is to “Turn off the Lights” in unoccupied rooms.
Quick Tips for Saving Energy
- Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms.
- Turn off computers, monitors, printers and other office devices at the end of the day.
- Avoid using sleep mode overnight because it continues to use small amounts of electricity.
- In rooms with sufficient natural light, open blinds and turn off the lights.
- Unplug equipment and chargers that are not being used.
- Contact SCOOP for a free sustainability consultation of your office.