Turn Off The Lights
Energy use is an important part of CSU, Chico’s commitment to sustainability. Reducing our energy use will not only lower the campus energy bill, it will help fight global warming. Electricity generation is a major contributor of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions; more than 80% of the energy we use in California comes from nonrenewable resources, such as coal and natural gas. Combustion of these resources produces greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.
We are asking the campus community to be mindful of energy use and begin taking small steps to reduce our impact on the environment. One of the easiest steps you can take is to “Turn off the Lights” in unoccupied rooms.
- Coming Soon
Quick Tips for Saving Energy
- Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms.
- Turn off computers, monitors, printers and other office devices at the end of the day. Avoid using sleep mode overnight because it continues to use small amounts of electricity.
- In rooms with sufficient natural light, open blinds and turn off the lights.
- Unplug equipment and chargers that are’t being used.
- Contact SCOOP for a free sustainability consultation of your office. SCOOP’s assessment will include an office energy audit and recommendations for improvements.
- More tips from Flex Your Power...