Physical WellnessPhysical wellness is the ability to apply your knowledge, motivation, commitment, behavior, self management, attitude, and skills toward achieving your personal fitness and health goals.
A wise person once said, "Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness."
Physical wellness can be maintained by applying the knowledge and skills of sound nutrition, exercise, and safety to everyday life.
Tips for Personal Fitness
- Exercise three time a week, 20-30 minutes per session
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, and walk whenever possible
- Get consistent and adequate sleep
- Use seat belts and helmets, and encourage others to do so
- Learn to recognize early signs of illness
- Listen to your body
- Practice safe sex
- Eat breakfast - it's the most important meal of the day
- Eat a variety of healthy foods
- Stop smoking and protect yourself against second-hand smoke
- Control your meal portions and try to eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day
- Use sugar, salt, fat, and alcohol in moderation