Extra Point Assignment (worth 5 points). You can complete this assignment only twice for extra points.
Here are the research questions?
1. What is the geographic distribution of high schools that produced the volleyball players on the CSU-Chico and CSU-Stanislaus women’s volleyball teams?
2. What factors might influence that geographic pattern?
1. Attend the volleyball match this evening. Drop by and say “Hello” if you see me. The match begins at 7 pm and is free with a Chico State ID card. Pick up a program. They are free.
2. On Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/) use the “My Maps” option and the information in the program to create a dot map which shows the geographic distribution of high schools that produced the volleyball players on the CSU-Chico and CSU-Stanislaus women’s volleyball teams. You’ll be able to find the locations of the high schools on Google.
a. Use different colored symbols for the two different teams that you map.
3. In a typed and double-spaced paragraph or two describe the geographic pattern that your map shows, and speculate about the factors that explain this distribution.
Due Date: Friday, November 9. You will turn in your map and explanation. You must include your program.