Academic Advising Programs

Programs with a Required Minor

Important Note for Communication Studies and Journalism Students

If your Associate Degree for Transfer was in Communication Studies or Journalism, and you plan to continue in these programs at Chico State you are required to complete a formal minor in a department outside the School of Communication.

  • It is your responsibility to select a minor that can be completed within the 60 units to graduate guarantee. It is recommended that you work closely with your major advisor, or advisors within Academic Advising Programs to find an appropriate minor.

If you select a minor that will require you to exceed the 60 units, you will simply void the 60 unit guarantee. This does not jeopardize your enrollment at Chico State in any way.

Proceed to Next Section: Not Similar Programs

Return to: Tutorial Sections