Transfer Students

For transfers from Community Colleges within California, the website shows the agreements currently in place. Select CSU, Chico, then select your Community College, then select your major.  Only lower division CSUC courses (under the 300 level) can be credited through a course transferred from a Community College.

Please note that the Computer Science Department does not determine which GE courses can be transferred. The Office of Admissions determines which General Education courses will transfer and to which category they apply. The Office of Admissions decides which courses can transfer when the student is admitted. Apply for admission through

For Computer Science transfer courses (from institutions that do not have an articulation agreement or for upper division courses) your advisor will need to see a copy of transcripts, catalog copy and a syllabus for the course that you want to transfer so that they can compare the course for equivalency.