FAFSA School Code: 001146

After You are Hired

On-campus student employees are paid once a month, generally on the tenth day of each month. Direct deposit is available for student employees, and is the preferred method of payment. Enroll in direct deposit through your student center account. Students who do not arrange for direct deposit may pick up their paychecks at Student Financial Services-Cashiering, Student Services Center 230.

You may only earn the awarded amount of Work-Study funds. In order to earn more than half of your academic year authorization during the fall semester, you must receive permission from a financial aid advisor. If you need additional funds, contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to determine if your award may be increased.

Work-Study earnings are taxable income. Be sure to keep your address current with the Human Resources Office in Kendall 220, so that you will receive your W-2 each January.

Direct Deposit Enrollment Instructions

The preferred method for receiving your Work-Study earnings is via electronic transfer, known as EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). EFT permits direct receipt of your earnings to your checking account.

  • Have a checking account in your name at almost any bank, savings and loan institution, or credit union.
  • Enroll for direct deposit via your Student Center under the finance section. Please allow 10 days for your enrollment in direct deposit to take effect.  
  • Immediately notify Student Financial Services of any changes, as incorrect account information causes a substantial delay in receiving your earnings.

Back to Top