WellCat Health Center


  • Do I need to make an appointment?
    Due to the safety and health concerns surrounding COVID-19, walk-ins are currently not accepted. All students and patients will need to schedule an appointment for any visits to the WellCat Health Center. You can schedule an appointment by calling us at 530-898-5241, or by booking an appointment through the patient portal.
  • How can I prepare for my appointment?
    Students should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment time. The student must bring some form of legible I.D, a list of their current medications, and the contact information of their primary care doctor or specialists that are seen off-campus. Please bring your insurance information in case a referral is required. However, insurance is not required to be seen at WCHC.
  • Am I able to purchase medicine at the WCHC? What payment methods are accepted?
    Yes. The pharmacy, located inside the WCHC has a list of over-the-counter (OTC) medications available for purchase. Acceptable payment methods include VISA, Mastercard, Wildcat Dollars, and Family PACT cards. Prescription cards are not accepted. Please see the pharmacy page for more information.
  • What is the student health fee and what does it cover?

    The health fee is paid every semester by student tuition. It allows eligible students to have medical visits and covers some medical services, including acute care, preventative services, mental health, and more. Some services such as lab work may contain charges. Please refer to the services tab for more information.

    Please note the student health fee only covers services that are available at the WellCat Health Center. Medical care that is provided outside of the WellCat Health Center is the responsibility of the student or their health insurance plan.

  • Do I need medical insurance to use the WellCat Health Center?
    You do not need insurance to be seen at the WCHC. To receive services, you must prevent a valid, legible, Chico State ID. However, medical care outside of the WCHC is the responsibility of the student or their health insurance plan. Please refer to the eligibility & insurance tab for more information.
  • Does the WCHC have certified doctors and nurses?
    All medical staff at the WCHC are either board-certified, licensed, or registered. Our medical staff includes licensed physicians, family nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, and medical assistants. The WCHC also includes a COLA certified laboratory that is staffed by licensed laboratory that is staffed by licensed lab scientists and phlebotomists. Our pharmacy team consists of registered pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
  • Does the WCHC offer dental services?
    Unfortunately, we do not have dentists on-site. Some local resources with low-cost dental care include Ampla Health and Northern Valley Indian Health Services.
  • Where is the WCHC located?
    We are across the street from Whitney Hall, at the Warner/Legion intersection.
  • Where should I park when visiting the WCHC?
    Patient parking is located at the north side of the WCHC. There are parking spots marked specifically for patients. You must come inside the WCHC and obtain a parking permit that is placed on the vehicle.
  • How does the WCHC protect me and maintain confidentiality?
    The WCHC keeps your medical records on file only at the facility. If your records need to be transferred somewhere else, we would need your request and permission to do so. All medical visits are kept confidential as well, and none of your information will be shared with parents, teachers, or others without written consent.
  • Does the WCHC have a laboratory for testing?
    Yes. The WCHC laboratory is certified as a high complexity laboratory by the State and Federal accrediting agencies. Please refer to the laboratory page for information regarding the different tests performed.
  • Can I still use the WellCat Health Center if I am a minor, or under the age of 18?

    Yes, students who are under the age of 18 must have their forms completed by a parent or guardian. Please use this minor consent form.

    Minor Consent Form (PDF)