Honors Program

Transfer, Current CSUC and Re-entry Students

Transfer Student
A transfer student is someone who has completed college coursework subsequent to high school graduation and has recently transferred or is transferring to CSU, Chico.

Re-entry Student
Re-entry students are those students who had been removed from the program and wish to gain re-entry.

Current CSUC Enrolled Students
Already enrolled students are those who have graduated from high school and have already begun coursework at CSU, Chico.

Honors in General Education

Transfer, re-entry and current CSUC students interested in Honors in GE should meet with an Honors advisor to discuss their Honors course requirements. In most cases, the number of units required will be reduced because of previously completed coursework.

All Honors in GE students, including transfer, re-entry and currently enrolled students, must complete the Honors upper-division theme in order to earn Honors in GE, but they are not required to complete Honors Survey of Civilization.

Transfer Student

  • You will need a 3.3 or higher cumulative GPA in your transferable coursework to apply to the Honors in GE Program.

Re-Entry Students and Currently Enrolled Students

  • You must have at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA at CSU, Chico to apply to the program.

All applicants are required to submit a narrative essay with their application. The narrative must be no more than 500 words and address the following prompt:

The Honors Program in General Education seeks to serve highly motivated and resilient students.  

What motivates you?  Describe a time when your motivation helped you overcome adversity or accomplish something your are very proud of.

Online Application

Please submit an online application if you are interested in joining the program. We recommend using the Moxilla Firefox web browser. 

Students in the Honors Program (HNRS) view artwork during the Beauty Gallery Art Walk