Become A Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor Rolling Application Process
Become a Chico State Resident Advisor for the 2019-2020 Academic Year!
Resident Advisor Applications are open on a rolling basis. University Housing is seeking talented and passionate leaders to join our Resident Advisor team! Could this be you?
- Resident Advisors serve an integral role in building community and supporting overall student success. Whether it is through taking students to events, late night conversations, performing duty rounds, or talking with a student who is struggling with classes, Resident Advisors are committed to creating a positive residential experience.
- Resident Advisors also gain valuable skills in the areas of leadership, interpersonal interactions, and time management. The Resident Advisor position is also a nationally recognized leadership position that is a great addition to any resume.
Are you ready to be a leader in your community? If so, continue reading for more information. Best of luck with your application!
Resident Advisor Selection Requirements
These requirements are vital in being appointed for the Resident Advisor position:
· Must be a full-time enrolled student at Chico State during the term of appointment.
· Must maintain a 2.5 semester AND cumulative GPA.
· University Housing will be taking into consideration all applicants’ conduct history.
· Participation in the RA Individual Interview.
If you do not believe you will make the GPA requirement, still apply!
Resident Advisor Time Commitment
Resident Advisors work 20 hours per week on average.
These hours include:
· Weekday on Call – 8 hours (one day per week)
· Building Community and creating/developing individual relationships with residents – 3.5 hours
· Residence Life Meetings – 2.5 hours
· Weekend On Call – (3-4 weekends per semester) 24 hours per month or 6 hours per week
Resident Advisors are also required to return early from breaks for mandatory training or to open the community.
This includes returning early from:
· Summer Break (Late July/Early August, 2-3 weeks before the start of the semester)
· Fall Break