University Housing

Spring Move In

Move In

  • When Can I Move In?

    If you have received confirmation to your wildcat email address that University Housing has confirmed your application and placement, you may move in on January 22, 2020 anytime after 9 AM.

  • Where Do I Go When I Arrive?

    All Students moving in in Spring 2021 will be moving into University Village, which is located at 1206 West Sacramento, Chico, CA 95926.  Once you arrive at the gate enter the temporary access code that we sent to your wildcat email a few days before move in, then proceed to the front desk (highlighted in yellow on the UV Map (PDF)).  You can check in at the front desk to receive your key fob and let us know you have arrived

  • What Do I Need to Do Before I Move In?

    If you currently don't have a Chico State Wildcat ID card, you must upload a photo for your CSU Chico Wildcat ID card as soon as possible (ASAP).  Your Wildcat ID card is how you will enter your residence hall and use your meal plan.  Follow this link for directions to upload your photo.

    Once your photo is uploaded, please submit a ticket to ITSS here, so that your Wildcat ID card will be printed. This will allow us to have your Wildcat ID card available for you at move in. 

  • What Should I Bring? 

    Please review our What to Bring Guide (PDF).  Also, please remember that at University Village (UV), you will have a full kitchen and will need to bring your own kitchen utensils, pots and pans, and other kitchen supplies.

  • Can I Bring Friends or Family to Help Me Move In?

    Yes, you may have two other people (friends or family) from your current household assist you with moving in.  They are not permitted to stay the night, but are permitted to assist during the day.  


  • Should I bring my car to school?

    We encourage incoming residents to visit Chico State’s parking website. Current students have the option to renew their parking pass for the next semester. If not renewed, students are then able to sign up for a parking pass through Parking Services on a first come first served basis .

  • University Village parking permits

    Please note that University Village parking permits are not valid in the on-campus parking lots, and UV residents may not purchase G parking permits. You can find parking information at Student Financial ServicesParking Page.

  • Parking Permit Renewal

    Parking permits are not automatically charged to a student’s account and therefore not guaranteed. All residents who plan on returning next semester and currently hold a parking permit must repurchase their parking permit. Current permit holders can purchase their permits starting January 12, 2021 by visiting the Student Financial Services Parking Website. For Spring 2021 all students will reside at University Village (UV), please select a University Village permit.

  • New Parking Permit

    All residents who do not currently hold a parking permit purchase a permit starting 1/12/21 by visiting the Student Financial Services Parking Website. For Spring 2021 all students will reside at University Village (UV), please select a University Village parking permit.


  • When does the Spring Housing application Open

    The Spring 2021 housing application will open November 2, 2020. All students are eligible for on-campus housing. In order to ensure the safety of our residential students and our broader community, the University has identified that housing will be made available to a limited number of students for the Spring 2020 semester. Students that will be granted a housing assignment will be identified as falling into one of the groups listed below. If you fall within one of these groups, click Apply for Housing. Please keep in mind that all spaces will be located at University Village. For any new students to the university, please ensure to submit your Housing application and Intent to Enroll to complete all required application steps. Chico State's intent to enroll deadline is November 16, 2020.  Apply for Housing before November 30, for priority placement.

    Priority 1: Chico State Path Scholars

    Priority 2: Students who are housing insecure; who do not have any other available living situation, cannot qualify for an off-campus apartment (deposit, so-signer), students who pay for their housing with campus managed grants or scholarships, or students with unsafe home conditions.

    Priority 3: Students whose academic success would suffer; lack of Internet connection at home, student with in-person classes.

    Priority 4:  Students who simply prefer to live with University Housing.

  • How do I preference which residential community I want to live in?

    All students for the Spring 2021 semester will be automatically placed in University Village.

  • Do I get to choose my Roommate?

    For the Spring 2021 semester we are not allowing for roommates. All students will be placed in a University Village apartment or studio by themselves.

  • When will Housing charges be placed on my student account?

    For those who have a room and meal assignment, charges will be assessed in early December. Continue to check your Wildcat email for updates. For specific rates and due dates, see costs.

Wait List

  • How long will I be on the wait list?

    CSU, Chico University Housing realizes and acknowledges the burden some of our students face as the academic year approaches and their housing is not yet settled. The University Housing office works rigorously prior to January 17th, to confirm that students who have received a bed space will be moving in. This continues through January 22nd and into the two weeks following in which continual surveys of the housing community are done to collect accurate numbers of possible “no-shows” so that spaces can then be offered to the students on the wait list.

    After January 22nd, applicants on the wait list will be assigned a space and contacted by email when a space becomes available.

  • I do not want to remain on the wait list. How do I cancel?

    Students on the wait list may request a cancellation. You will not receive a refund of the Initial Housing Payment upon cancellation of your Housing Application. (Please see Cancellations below for the deadlines and cancellation submission requirements).

    If students are not placed by February 3rd, University Housing will issue a refund to individuals who have applied. This refund does not apply to prospective residents who were offered a space and chose not to live with University Housing.

    Please Note: There is no guarantee that a specific building or room type will become available, however, it is possible to request a room change after moving in.

    Students on the wait list who have not received a confirmation and assignment should not attend move in on January 22nd.

    Housing does not maintain temporary or emergency housing spaces for students on the wait list. Therefore, students will need to find off-campus housing while they remain on the wait list.


  • Can I Take A Tour?

    Unfortunately at this time we are only offering virtual tours. You can check out all of our halls with our 360 virtual tours.

  • Can I bring a micro (mini) fridge/microwave?

    This Spring 2021 all of our applicants will automatically be placed at University Village, which comes with full kitchens. Please make sure to read through your license agreement as we do not allow residents to bring rent or bring additional mini-fridge units.

  • When will Housing charges be placed on my student account?

    For those who have a room and meal assignment, charges will be assessed in early December. Continue to check your Wildcat email for updates. For specific rates and due dates, see costs.

  • How do I contact You?

    During the academic year our office hours are Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. During the summer we are open 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday; we are closed on Fridays. Our housing office is currently not open to visitors at the moment, so please be sure to call us at 1-530-898-6325. We are also available by email at

Guest Restrictions

  • Are guests or visitors permitted?

    At this time, due to COVID restrictions, we are not allowing residents to have any visitors or guests from outside of the University Village community, aside from two friends or family members from the same household assisting with your move in on your check in day. If an individual does not live with University Housing they will be unable to visit any residents in community.

Roommates and Assignments

  • What if I know someone I want to live with?

    Due to COVID-19 at this time we are not allowing for any residents to live with other students.

  • When will I know my room assignment?

    The first release of room assignments will begin by December 10th for those who have completed their application by November 30th. As spaces become available and subsequently filled, University Housing will continue to release room assignments approximately every two weeks. Our process is first come and first served, which helps University Housing determine how we fill our available spaces. You will receive a room assignment based on how early you completed your application. Students who did not complete the application by November 30, 2020, will receive room assignments later in the winter.

  • Prior to Move In -What if I do not like my room assignment?

    Due to limited availability University Housing may not be able to accommodate all requests. You will be able to go into the Resident Center:

    Click “Requests” on the bar across the top of the screen. Select “Request Reassignment”.

    Please take the time to consider if a reassignment is truly what you want, you will only be allowed to submit one request and no changes to the request will be allowed.

    The University Housing Assignments Team will do all they can to accommodate your request as space becomes available. If your reassignment request has not been granted by January 17th, you will need to submit a new request on February 3, 2021. There is a freeze on room movements for the first two weeks of the semester.

  • After Move In –What if I do not like my room assignment or roommate?

    Beginning February 8, 2021 at 9 AM, reassignment may once again be requested via the Resident Center.

  • Can I move out mid-semester?

    Our license agreement is for the remainder of the academic year when signing up for the Spring. Transfers coming into the Spring semester are eligible for one semester leases. For details and exceptions regarding early license release, please refer to Section VI of the 2020-2021 License Agreement. (PDF)


Please refer to the University Housing License Agreement 2020-2021 Terms and Conditions (PDF) Section IV. Cancellation of License Agreement.
  • How do I submit a Cancellation?

    To submit a cancellation, log into the Resident Center: Navigate to the “Resident Requests” located on the top menu bar Select Cancellation Request The Licensee will forfeit their $300 initial housing payment upon cancellation. The Cancellation Request shall be submitted at least thirty (30) days in advance of the intended termination date (to provide at least thirty (30) days’ written notice).

  • Cancellation Standards:

    End of student status at CSU, Chico University

    approved/sponsored academic commitment located off campus such as Study Abroad, student teaching, or required internship Marriage (Copy of marriage certificate required)

    Military Service (Copy of military orders should be attached)

    Unexpected Hardship -Unexpected situation which has occurred since signing License Agreement.

    Approval is at discretion of University Housing. Examples of unexpected hardships which may be considered include significant loss of family income, loss of family home, serious illness, or death of family member (supporting documentation will be required)

    Cancellation Requests made due to circumstances not listed above by Cancellation Standards may be approved if University Housing has a wait list and can easily fill your assigned space or spot in the assignment process.

  • Approved Cancellation:

    If the request for cancellation is granted by the University, the financial obligation to the Licensee may include:

    Forfeiture of $300 initial housing payment.

    Prorated rent charges for dates of occupancy (including the thirty (30) day notice period if applicable). Rental fees are determined by a daily prorated rate.

    Prorated meal plan charges based on dates of occupancy. Licensee is responsible for arranging and completing all necessary check-out procedures with appropriate University Housing staff. Denied Cancellation: If the request for cancellation is denied, the Licensee is responsible for paying all fees outlined in the License Agreement. Abandonment of the premises is not a release of financial obligation to the Licensee.

  • Can I move out mid-semester?

    Our license agreement is for the remainder of the academic year when signing up for the Spring. Transfers coming into the Spring semester are eligible for one semester leases.

    For details and exceptions regarding early license release, please refer to Section VI of the 2020-2021 License Agreement (PDF).

Meal Plan

  • How can I check the balance on my meal plan?

    You are able to check your balance every time you swipe your card at the dining hall, the marketplace and other eateries on campus. Can I purchase additional meals? Can I purchase a meal plan if I live off campus? Yes. You can purchase additional meals and/or REDD$ through Dining Services (530) 898-5962.

  • If I have the mini meal plan can I upgrade to a larger plan?

    Residents in University Village and Konkow have the option of upgrading from the mini meal plan to one of our three larger meal plans (Chico, Bidwell, or Wildcat). Upgrading from a mini plan to one of our larger meal plans will cost an additional $1,027 per semester. Meal plan changes can be requested prior to the upcoming semester, check the Resident Center for these important dates.

  • When can I change my Meal Plan?

    All students who live with University Housing are required to have a meal plan. Students who live in University Village or Konkow (both are equipped with full kitchens facilities) are required to purchase at a minimum, the Mini Meal Plan. Students in all other communities must select one of the three full meal plans, Chico, Bidwell, or Wildcat. By default, students are assigned the Bidwell plan, but will have the opportunity to select a different meal plan during the meal plan change period.

    Meal plan changes for the spring 2021 semester will be accepted starting December 16, 2020 through January 10, 2021.

    You may request for meal plan change in your online Resident Center(opens in new window).

    To change a meal plan:

    In the Resident Center:

    Click “Resident Requests” from the top menu bar

    Click Meal Plan Change

    No Meal Plan changes can be requested after .

    Please remember to check the meal plan rates prior to submitting a meal plan change.