View plans for in-person Commencement and fall 2021 on our COVID-19 News & Information website.
University Housing

Before You Arrive

Under 18

If a resident is under 18 years of age, you will have forms to sign with your legal Guardian during Move-In Day. Once you move in visit the front desk to fill out the forms.

Know your Residence Hall

Your residence hall and room number will determine which day you move in. More details will be sent to you once your bed space is confirmed (sometime in June). 

Your Room Includes

Each room comes with the following:

  • Twin XL Bed
  • Closet/Wardrobe
  • Dresser
  • Desk
  • Chair
  • Student on bed writing on a notebook

What to Bring

Expand All | Collapse All

  • Wildcat ID

    You will need your Wildcat ID in order to eat at the Dinning hall or enter your building.

  • Bedding

    The residence halls comes with a Twin XL size bed, however, you should bring your own:

    • Pillow
    • Pillowcases
    • Blankets
    • Sheets
    • Comforter
  • Clothes and Laundry

    The residence halls have laundry rooms. You should bring your own:

    • Detergent
    • Fabric softeners
    • Hangers
  • Bath

    The residence halls have community showers (excluding University Village)bring;

    • Towels
    • Washcloths
    • Bathrobe
    • Shower shoes
    • Hygiene items
    • First aid items
    • Hairdryer
  • Kitchen Equipment

    Only University Village and Konkow are equipped with a full kitchen. You should bring your own:

    • Silverware
    • Coffee pots
    • Dishes
    • Bowls
    • Cups
    • Cleaning Supplies

What not to Bring

  • Drugs and Alcohol
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • drugs including Cannabis
    • Drug paraphernalia
    • Cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hookahs or other “smoke” emanating products E-cigarettes, and vapor devices
  • Fire Hazards
    • Candles
    • Incense
    • Electric blankets
    • Hover boards
    • Extension cords
    • Halogen lamps
    • Lava lamps
    • Plug-in air fresheners
  • Explosives
    • Flammable liquid fuels
    • Fireworks
    • Torches
    • Lighters
    • Accelerates
    • Similar Products
  • Weapons

    Weapons are generally prohibited on a California State University campus. However, two items are permitted: a folding pocket knife that does not open automatically or have more than one sharp edge; and a canister of pepper spray, not larger than 2.5 oz.

Use this simple rule of thumb: leave at home if any item presents a safety hazard, an annoyance to others, or a likelihood of damaging your room or furnishings.

For more details on for what to bring and what not to bring checkout our College Packing List (PDF). 


University Housing will start accepting mail and packages for incoming residents as of August 9, 2021. We strongly encourage that you do not send mail to be delivered prior to that date as it may delay when students are actually able to receive mail. The central campus (Whitney) and University Village mail rooms will be open starting August 14, 2021 at 10:00 am. Mail room hours are as follows:

Central Campus (Located at Whitney Hall):

  • Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
  • Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
University Village (Located at North Community Room)
  • Monday-Saturday: 9 a.m. -7 p.m.
  • Sunday: Noon- 6 p.m.

Please remember when picking up mail or packages from your mail room that your Wildcat ID is required.


Microfridge is the only fridge/microwave that is allowed in University Housing.

Only one Microfridge is allowed in each room.

In order your have your MicroFridge in your room by Move In day the deadline to order is August 2.


Only Service animals are permitted within the Residence Halls. We highly recommend keeping pets at home, due to the high heat in Chico.

Move In Days are tentatively August 16 through August 20, 2021 and will be based on sign up time slots.

As we continue to monitor CDC Guidelines and consult with the Wellcat Health Center and Butte County Public Health we are working to finalize our Fall 2021 Move In plans.  Finalized details will be emailed to your wildcat email by early August 2021