International Student Services

Transferring Universities

Transferring from CSU, Chico to another university involves two processes. The first is getting admission to the other university and making the decision to go. Americans typically call this “transferring universities.” However, as an international student, you must also seek permission to “transfer” within SEVIS, the USCIS database.

If you are transferring out of Chico, please contact an International Student Advisor before leaving. Your SEVIS records must be updated by Chico State with the name of the new university before the new university can issue you an I-20 or DS-2019.