View the latest updates and emergency notifications on the COVID-19 News & Information website.
Department of Music and Theatre

Advisors' Links and Forms

Academic Advising Programs Locate your Major Acadmic Plan (MAP)

Javier Garcia is the Academic Advisor for the College of Humanities and Fine Arts.

Kylee Sharp is the Advising & Retention Specialist for the College of Humanities and Fine Arts.

Advisors for the Department of Music and Theatre are listed below. 

Graduation Advising information is listed below.

Music and Theatre Advisors

If you have questions or would like to explore our performance options and areas of study, please email one of our advisors listed here or visit the Faculty and Staff page which includes SOTA staff.

Program and advisor contact
Music ProgramAdvisorContact Information

General Music

David Scholz

Office: PAC 138
Phone: 898-6127

Music Education

Michelle McConkey

Office: PAC 103 
Phone: 898-6853

Recording Arts

Dann Sargent

Office: PAC 201 
Phone: 898-6735

Music Industry 

Paul Young

Office: PAC 105
Phone: 898-3589

Program and advisor contact
Theatre ProgramAdvisorContact Information

Musical Theatre 

Matthew Teague Miller

Office: PAC 205
Phone: 530-898-5493

Theatre Arts & Dance  

Megan Zollinger

Office: PAC 207
Phone: 530-898-4353

Apply for graduation one year in Advance

Changing Your Major

Use the plan change form to change your major. Other useful student forms available.

Applying to Graduate

Apply a year before your anticipated graduation date. Apply to graduate for the semester you will complete all degree requirements and coursework. Commencement is separate from the graduation application. Go here for information on commencement.

Trying to Graduate in 4 years?

Pass general education requirements and prerequisite courses and follow the path recommended in your 4-Year Academic Plan (MAP). Your Degree Progress Report is your countdown to graduation! Academic Evaluators correct errors in Degree Progress Reports, and will ultimately post your degree to your transcript or deny graduation.