Identification: Who and Where You Are

Where are you?

Of course you are independent but we must remind you also to contact your relatives with details of where you are. Our experience tells us that most parents miss their offspring and are always eager to know the details of your arrival here and if you are OK! Have a heart.

CSU, Chico photo ID:

To obtain your CSU, Chico photo ID, go to the Wildcat Card Office located in MLIB Room 142. Before they can take your photograph, they will need to see some identification! Usage of this ID will not significantly differ from what you do at your home institution. Off campus, on many occasions, you will be asked to show your ID before certain services are available to you, e.g., check-cashing, paying for merchandise by check or credit card, buying alcoholic beverages (you must be at least 21 years young), or entering places where alcoholic beverages are sold.

Driver's License: Department of Motor Vehicles -DMV

500 Cohasset Road, Suite 31

Most driver licenses are accepted for identification. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will issue you a California Drivers License as well as a California State ID bearing your photograph, name, address, and date of birth.

Your state license:

Plan A participants need to know that the State of California specifically requires individuals who pay tuition in California to obtain a state driver's license within 10 days in order to drive in California. While Plan B participants (not paying fees to California) are not required to change licenses immediately, it is highly recommended that you get one should you intend to drive in California.

Where do you live? Addresses and Phone Numbers

As soon as you find housing in Chico, notify the Exchange Office in Academic Advising Programs (Student Services Center, Room 220, Telephone: 530-898-5712). It is very important that we are able to get in touch with you in case of any emergencies and other important messages.