Office of Academic Personnel

Labor Relations Information

Academic Labor Relations strives to foster a collaborative environment based on reason, respect and civility in order to encourage cooperative, creative solutions to resolve academic personnel issues. Additionally, this office is responsible for implementing academic policies and procedures while ensuring the integrity and continuity of academic programs.

CSU Chancellor’s Executive Orders(opens in new window)

CSU, Chico President’s Executive Memos

CSU & CFA Bargaining Updates(opens in new window)

Assignment of Work

Unit 3 CBA 12.29 Preference for Available Temporary Work (PDF)

CSU Nepotism Policy HR 2004-18 (PDF)
File from Cal State website

CSU, Chico EM 09-008

Nepotism Agreement form and Information(opens in new window)

Complaint Processes

Chico StateCal State

Where Do I File or Submit a Grievance?

Grievance forms should be submitted to the Associate Vice President of Academic Personnel at and the Director of Academic Personnel Labor Relations at

Chico State California Faculty Association Contact Information

Whistleblower & Whistleblower Retaliation Complaints

The Associate Vice President of Human Resources has been designated by Chico State’s President to receive complaints from Employees, former Employees, and Applicants for CSU Chico employment who wish to report alleged Improper Governmental Activity (PDF).

Where Do I File or Submit a Whistleblower Complaint?

If you have a whistleblower complaint, we encourage you to submit it in writing to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. To make a complaint to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources at CSU Chico, contact:

Sheryl Woodward
Kendall Hall 211

You may alternatively submit your complaint to the Chancellor’s Office for the CSU.

To make a complaint to the Chancellor’s Office, please submit it to the Vice Chancellor, mark it “Confidential”, and address it to:

Vice Chancellor of Human Resources
Equal Opportunity and Whistleblower Compliance Unit
Systemwide Human Resources
Office of the Chancellor
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, California 90802

Complaints to the Vice Chancellor may also be sent via email to EO-TitleIX-Compliance@calstate.eduYou may also file a complaint to the California State Auditor by contacting:

California State Auditor
P.O. Box 1019
Sacramento, CA 95812
Fax Number: 916-322-2603
Whistleblower Hotline: 800-952-5665

California State Auditor does not accept complaints by email, but you may submit an online complaint.