University Printing Services

Frequently Asked Questions

How much do prints and copies cost?

Please call us at (530)898-5992 for pricing or get a quote by entering your order into PrintShop.

What is your normal turnaround time?

We will normally complete your order within 2-3 business days. Extra time is needed for additional services such as padding, folding, binding, or larger quantities. Please feel free to call Customer Service at (530)898-5992 for current time estimates.

*Please keep in mind that there are extra-busy times of year when production may take longer, so plan ahead if placing orders near semester start-ups or commencement. The two weeks prior to commencement are solely devoted to printing graduation-related materials and orders should be placed as early as possible.*

What about exams?

We offer 24-hour turnaround for the printing of exams and tests. If you need your order quickly, you might plan to have it picked up at our Customer Service window in MLIB-035A. It can take up to 2 business days from the time we complete your job for it to be delivered, and then you will receive it at the same time as your other warehouse deliveries. It's always a good idea to contact us if you have a rush job or critical deadline.

Can I get a rush job printed, or a job completed while I wait?

We realize that sometimes rushes are necessary and we do our best to accommodate them. It is always best to call ahead to make sure we can meet your deadline.

How do I place an order?

Copy and print orders are submitted online using PrintShop. You'll be able to submit your files and place your orders without leaving your desk! For help with planning or submitting your print and copy orders, please contact Customer Service at (530)898-5992.

Can I get my personal job completed at Print and Mail Services?

Yes! Place your order online. Leave payment section blank. You will receive the same pricing as campus departments plus sales tax. We accept Check and Credit Card

What forms of payment do you accept?

State/Foundation/AS jobs can be paid with your department funds, and personal jobs with Visa/MC Credit/Debit, personal check or Wildcat Card.

What if I want to use an off-campus vendor for my printing?

If you are considering an off-campus vendor for a print or copy job using state funds, please obtain an Authorization for Off-Campus Printing from Printing Services prior to obtaining the services. During the review process, we may find that the job can be done in-house, or we may be able to get better pricing than you are able to.

Is your pricing competitive?

Yes! We comparison shop to ensure we are competitive. Printing Services pricing is regulated and approved by the Fiscal Administration Committee.

Do you still make scratch pads available to the campus?

Yes! We offer free scratch pads to anyone in the campus community. If your department has scrap paper that is blank on at least one side, help re-purpose it by bringing it in to Printing Services and we will use it to create more free scratch pads for campus.

Are your house paper stock choices sustainable?

Yes! Almost our entire house stock options are at least 30% recycled and we also offer some 100% recycled options.