COVID-19
View the latest updates and emergency notifications on the COVID-19 News & Information website.
Rural California Nursing Preceptorships

Up-and-Coming Sessions

  • RCNP will be accepting a total of 30 applicants for the upcoming Summer Session 2021. Up to 75% of the applicants will be drawn from Chico State’s School of Nursing and other nearby nursing schools. The remaining 25% or more will be drawn from schools outside the Butte/Sutter/Yuba/Shasta County areas.

  • Applications for Summer Session 2021 will open January 25, 2021 and close February 12, 2021 (applications should be post-marked by 2/12/21).

  • Please be advised that due to the Covid pandemic we are unable to offer housing stays. All participants will be responsible for making their own housing arrangements

Build Confidence and Competence

Imagine engaging in a unique clinical nursing experience that builds confidence and competence. The RCNP Program is designed to give student and graduate nurses (RNs) an opportunity to work in a rural or semi-rural clinical hospital setting. Students work one-on-one with an RN preceptor(s), engaging in as much independent nursing practice as their skills permit.