Student Financial Services

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I owe?  

For general balance information you can refer to “Registration Fees” section of our website. For your individual balance information please review your Student Center in the portal. Once in your Student Center, under the finances section, select "account inquiry." If the amount of your pending financial aid is greater than your "due now," no payment or action is required at this time. If the amount of your pending financial aid is less than your "due now," you are required to pay only the difference between your fees (due now) and the amount of your pending financial aid. This amount must be paid by the fee payment deadline.

When are fees due?

Refer to the deadlines tab in the Student Accounts section of this website.

What if my payment is late?

Consequences of a late payment include the possibility of being dropped from all of your classes, a late fee of $25, and a hold on your student account preventing enrollment.

I'm waitlisted for all my classes, how do I pay fees?

Yes. Student who are waitlist are expected to pay for the units they intend to be enrolled in or their waitlisted classes may be dropped.

My student center shows no fees due, how am I supposed to pay?

If you are not enrolled in classes, your student center will show you do not have a balance. You can override this amount by selecting the "make a payment" button in your Student Center. Once in CASHNet, our payment processor, select the general student payment button and manually enter the amount you need to pay based on the fee schedule.

Why hasn't my waiver posted to my student account?

Waivers are typically posted in early July for the Fall semester and in early December for the Spring semester.

I have a third party paying my fees, but they still show as past due?

Fees are linked and billed to the third party entities on or around the 3rd week of the semester to allow for changes to your class schedule. Your account will continue to show past due until those fees are linked.

My financial aid is supposed to pay my fees, but my student center says my fees are past due. Why?

The first financial aid disbursement of the semester is the week before school begins. You will see your Student Center reflect a past due balance until your financial aid disburses, however, our office will defer fees in the amount of your accepted pending financial aid until that time. 

Why does the credit card payment method charge 2.75%?

The University has contracted with SmartPay and CASHNet to handle the credit card transactions for student account payments. They charge the 2.75% fee to cover the cost payable to the credit card consortiums. The University never collects this fee, nor can we refund this fee. For a free online payment option, please use the electronic check method within CASHNet.

I made a payment over the weekend, why doesn't it show up on my student account?

As part of our end of day process, we must roll the business date for transactions to the next business day, consequently, this prevents your payment form posting to your student account until after 12 AM on the next business day. Payments made after 4 PM or during the weekend are queued and will not post until the next business day.

I paid my fees in full, when will the hold be removed?

During business days, between the hours of 1 AM and 4 PM, fee payment deadline holds are removed at the top of every hour. Prior term balance holds are removed periodically throughout the day. If your hold is not removed as expected, please contact our office at (530) 898-5936.

When are on campus housing fees due?

Please refer to your housing agreement, or review the information provided by the University Housing Office. You may also review your Student Center to view your "charges due." Under the finances tab, select account inquiry and view the charges due.

Is there a way to pay my fees in installments?

If you are a California resident and do not receive any financial aid, then you may use the Tuition Fee Installment Contract. The contract is available online through the Student Center. For assistance in completing this contract, refer to the Tuition Installment Payment Plan help guide on our website.

When do I receive my financial aid disbursement?

The first disbursement of the semester will occur the Thursday before classes begin. Your particular disbursement may depend on items such as holds, to-do list items, etc. When financial aid does disburse, it will be applied to your student account to pay any outstanding charges, including future due items, and the remaining credit (if any) will be refunded to you.

Can I pick up my financial aid refund?

No, students are not allowed to pick up financial aid checks. Financial aid refunds will be mailed out on Thursdays or submitted to the bank for electronic deposit, providing you signed up for this service. It is highly recommended to sign up for direct deposit to receive your refund faster and to eliminate the chance of a lost check.

How do I sign up for direct deposit of my financial aid?

Sign up in the Student Center under the finance section by selecting the link “Enroll in Direct Deposit”. Please allow 10 days for your enrollment in direct deposit to take effect.

How do I make a payment?

Please refer to our website “Cashiering” section for our payment methods and information.

Can parents call with questions about their daughter/son's student account?

Federal regulations prohibit our office from discussing your student account with parents or guardians without written consent.  We are only permitted to discuss a student's account if and when the student specifically identifies an individual by completing the electronic Authorization to Release located in their Student Center.

How will I be billed?

All current bills and notices will be sent to the student's Wildcat e-mail account. We do not mail paper bills, and will not e-mail parents. It is the student's responsibility to forward such e-mails to the appropriate parties.