Student Records & Registration

CSU Fully Online Program

The CSU Fully Online program provides an opportunity for eligible matriculated students to enroll in one online course per term through another CSU campus. The program aims to facilitate access to high-demand, high-success courses as part of the continuing effort to provide students with access to the courses needed to expedite graduation.

The CSU Fully Online program offers courses from each of the 23 system campuses in a variety of disciplines to accommodate the needs of current CSU students. Credit earned at the host campus is electronically reported to the student’s home campus to be included on the student’s transcript at the home campus.

To participate, undergraduates must have:

  • Completed at least one term at Chico State and earned at least 12 units as a matriculated student*.
  • Attained a grade point average of 2.0 in all work completed at Chico State and is in good standing.
  • Enrolled at Chico State during the period of concurrent enrollment.
  • Paid tuition and fees as a full-time student (6.1 or more units).

*New transfer students may enroll in classes their first term, as long as they are enrolled and pay tuition and fees as a full-time student.

View current course offerings on the California State University website. Access to enroll in CSU Fully Online for Chico State students typically begins July 1st for fall semesters and December 1st for spring semesters.

Before enrolling in an online course at another CSU, you should consult with your academic advisor to determine how the course may apply to your degree. For more information and enrollment dates visit CSU Fully Online.


Expand All | Collapse All

  • How do I enroll in a CSU Fully Online course?

    Visit your Student Center in your Portal account and select the “CSU Fully Online” link.

    CSU fully online

    • The link is available beginning the first day of CSU Fully Online enrollment. (See date above.)
    • The link is no longer available when enrollment closes, at the end of the first week of the semester.

    After you’ve been enrolled in a CSU Fully Online course by the host campus, you should see the following placeholder in your schedule:

    UNIV 100 "CSU Fully Online Enrollment” (UNIV 600 for post-baccalaureate students)

    At the end of the semester, the host campus will automatically report your grade to Chico State as transfer credit, and the course will appear in your academic record. The UNIV 100/600 placeholder class will remain on your Chico State schedule.

  • Can I take two separate classes at two separate CSUs?

    No. CSU Fully Online enrollment is limited to one course per student, per term.

  • Can I take a course at a CSU campus that is on the quarter system?

    No. If your home campus is a semester campus, you are limited to course offerings at other semester campuses.

  • Do I need to pay additional fees for a CSU Fully Online course?

    Students do not have to pay additional tuition and fees; however, students need to have paid full-time tuition at their home campus or have enough Financial Aid to cover full-time (6.1 units or above) to participate. Please note: non-resident tuition and fees will be charged at the host campus.

  • I am a part-time student (6.0 units or less). Can I participate in CSU Fully Online?

    No. Part-time students are not eligible.

  • Will the course I take through CSU Fully Online meet my major or general education requirements?

    Courses taken through CSU Fully Online will transfer as at least elective credit. Consult the   Transfer Evaluation System (TESL) website(opens in new window)  to find out what requirement the course will meet. If courses do not transfer as expected for Lower Division or Upper Division General Education (GE) students should work with   Graduation Advising.

    If courses do not transfer as expected for major or minor classes, students should work with their major or minor advisor.

    • Courses designated as meeting CSU GE Area are equivalent to Chico State GE
    • Courses taken merely to earn units (free electives) to help students meet the minimum overall unit requirement: These should be courses that you have not completed successfully already.
    • Courses that a student wants to meet a major requirement: This will require the student to locate the course description and meet (or contact via email) with a faculty advisor to request a course substitution approval. Faculty Advisor will submit approval online for Graduation Advising to update once the transcript is received.
    • Grades must post before records are updated to correctly reflect how these courses are displayed in your records and why “UNIV 100” will be reflected as a placeholder.
  • What if the course I want to take through CSU Fully Online has prerequisites?

    Students are responsible for meeting the prerequisites for CSU Fully Online courses and should be prepared to provide documentation to the host campus as evidence of completing the prerequisites.

  • Do units taken through CSU Fully Online count toward my unit load for purposes of financial aid?

    Yes. Though students must be enrolled in at least 6.1 units at Chico State in order to be eligible for CSU Fully Online, additional units completed through CSU Fully Online are included when determining full- or part-time status for purposes of financial aid.

  • When does enrollment start at another CSU semester campus?

    Once the CSU Chancellor’s Office posts the upcoming semester campus start/end dates, it will be available on the CSU Fully Online FAQ page under  Host Campus Enrollment Dates(opens in new window).

  • How do I drop a CSU Fully Online course?

    In order to drop a course, you must contact the host campus to process your request. Chico State staff are unable to remove any CSU Fully Online courses. After you submit a drop request and the host campus confirms, the UNIV 100 placeholder will be removed from your schedule. You should verify your student portal to ensure the course has been dropped. If you encounter any issues with dropping the course, please contact the host campus.

  • Do I have to submit a transcript for my grades to be applied at Chico State?

    No. Your grades will be transferred electronically to Chico State from the host campus.


Email: or Call: (530) 898-5142.