Veterans Education and Transition Services (VETS)

Request for Benefits

New and Transfer Students

Students requesting benefits for the first time must establish eligibility for VA education benefits, by applying through in new window).

The VA will determine eligibility and issue the student a certificate/letter of eligibility (COE, LOE).

Note: Student's using benefits for the first time must submit a copy of their COE/LOE.

Continuing, New, and Transfer Students

Approved Academic Programs: Be sure that the academic program listed on your Degree Progress Report (DPR) is correct. If this is not correct, you should contact the Office of the Registrar(opens in new window), to declare, add, or change your degree program. If you don’t have a DPR, please contact us at If you are seeking a higher degree, Master’s or Teaching Credential, you must provide documentation from your academic department to the VETS office.

Address Changes: The VA requires that we communicate your current address to them when we certify your enrollment. The only way we can provide accurate information is with your help. It is your responsibility to ensure that your local address is current in your Chico State portal when you are requesting benefits. Otherwise, VA will send valuable information, including payments, to an incorrect address.

Retroactive payments: If you are seeking benefits for a previous semester, you must contact us at

Refer to the how-to guide (PDF)for instructions on submitting enrollment certification requests through the Chico State portal(opens in new window)

music at VA Graduation