Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Faculty Substitute Funding

The Office of Budget and Academic Resources will fund, budget permitting, General Fund allocations for long-term (over 20 days) faculty substitutes needed to backfill in the classroom. Typical reasons to need this funding would include a medical leave of absence or FML. Funding is subject to the approval of the Executive Director.

Please fill out the Faculty Substitute Funding Request Form(opens in new window).

In order to determine the amount of funding needed, please use the Excel formula worksheet and attach it to the request form. Please email both documents to for final approval and processing.

If approved, a budget transfer will be made to the college-level Dept ID.

(If you need special accommodation to access any documents on this page, please contact the Office of Accessible Technology and Services at 530-898-6532.)