Wildcat Card Program

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Wildcat Card?

The Wildcat ID Card is the official CSU, Chico identification card for students, faculty, and staff.


How much do the services cost?

  • Initial Wildcat ID Card is FREE
  • No charge for name or status change
  • $2.00 – Replacement ID Cards for Students if lost, stolen, or damaged
  • $5.00 - Badge or Door Access Card (including a clip or lanyard)
  • $2.00 - Lanyard
  • $2.00 - Photo Retake


Why do I need a Wildcat Card?

  • To check out Meriam library books
  • Ride the Butte Regional Transit (B-Line) for free
    • Students ride for free throughout the academic school year
    • Faculty and staff ride for free throughout the year
  • Purchase software or hardware at the Chico State Wildcat Store
  • Enjoy food service if you live in a residence hall or have a meal plan
  • Use campus computer labs
  • Use Student Health Center
  • Buy discount tickets at the University Box Office
  • Attend athletic events for free


How can I get a Wildcat Card?

Come to the Wildcat Card Office, located inside ITSS in the Meriam Library in Rm 142.

Campus Map


What do I need to get a Wildcat Card?

If you can, please bring an official form of photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport. If you don’t have an official photo ID, please come to ITSS and we’ll help you… every Wildcat gets a Wildcat Card!


How long will it take to get a Wildcat Card?

Within 10 minutes!


What is Wildcat Dollars?

Wildcat Dollars is money that you have deposited into your Wildcat Dollar account. You can use your Wildcat card as a debit card on campus.


May I withdraw money from my Wildcat Dollars account?

Cash withdrawals are not permitted.


May I withdraw cash if I drop or graduate from the University?

There is a service charge of $10.00. Please contact Student Financials at 530-898-5936.


Where can I use my Wildcat Card?

  • Cashiering located in the Student Services Center 230
  • Chico State Wildcat Store, located in the Bell Memorial Union (BMU)
  • Common Grounds Cafe
  • Convenience Stores (Creekside Cafe, Butte Station and Holt Station)
  • Copier machines located in the Meriam Library
  • Marketplace Cafe (BMU)
  • Meriam Library (to borrow books)
  • Student Health Center
  • Sutter Dining with a meal plan
  • University Box Office to buy discount tickets
  • On the printers on campus:
    • Meriam Library computer labs
    • Tehama 131
    • Glenn 306
    • Butte 207, 209, 211
    • BMU 301
    • Modoc 222


How do I deposit money into my Wildcat Dollars account on campus?

You can deposit money online using https://get.cbord.com/csuchico(opens in new window) or by downloading the GET application by CBORD.com(opens in new window) in Google Play or Apple Store.

You can also deposit money in person on campus at the Student Financial Services office located in the Student Services Center (SSC) Room 230.

Please note, all Credit Card transactions are subject to a 2.75% service fee.  Fees cover credit card processor costs.  A minimum $5.00 deposit is required.  Cash deposits will only be accepted in person at the Student Financial Services office.


What should I do if my Wildcat Card is lost or stolen?

Report the card lost/stolen as soon as possible!

You can report the card lost or stolen by doing one of the following:

Once reported, go to the ID Card program in MLIB 142 and get a new card issued.


May I reactivate an old or lost card?

No, after you are reissued a new card, your old Wildcat card will be invalid and can not be reactivated for security purposes.


Additional Wildcat Card questions?

Call our office 530-898-6119.

For questions about meal plans call 530-898-5962.