Field Trip Guidelines 2019-20
We are so excited that you will be attending a Chico Performances Field Trip this season. To make sure
everyone has an enjoyable time at their Field Trip please read through this.
Field Trip Guidelines
Chico Performances is now accepting tickets for the 2019-20 Field Trip season.
All ticket requests received through August 16 will be entered into a lottery. Between August 17 and 23, teachers will be advised as to what Field Trips they received in the lottery. On Monday August 26, Field trip tickets become available on a first come, first served basis.
To make a request for Field Trip tickets through the lottery process – click on our interactive Field Trip form here.
After August 26, please visit the University Box Office (located at the corner of 3rd and Chestnut Streets,) call 530-898-6333, or email email@example.com to request tickets.
- Now through August 16: Field Trip tickets may be requested, through the lottery. (Ticket order form here)
- August 17-23: All teachers who received Field Trip tickets in the Lottery will be advised as to which performances they have received.
- Monday August 26: Single tickets are now available at the University Box Office.
- Seating is pre-assigned for classes for each Field Trip.
- Disability accommodations must be requested 30 days prior to the Field Trip. For questions regarding disability accommodations, contact Cosima Nigro-Dorton at (530) 898-6856.
- Seating begins 30 minutes prior to the Field Trip start time. Late arrivals are subject to seating delays and may be sat in the back of the theatre in order to not disturb the performance.
- Field Trip performances last approximately 50 minutes to one hour.
- Please check your Field Trip date and time for conflicts with your school calendar. There is a $10 exchange fee for each Field Trip exchanged. Field Trip tickets must be exchanged in person at the University Box Office at least fourteen days prior to the Field Trip performance date. A gift certificate will be issued to the purchasers account. Refunds are only given if a Field Trip performance is cancelled.
- There will be a $4 Handling Fee per order. Additional tickets added to an order after purchase will require additional handling fees.
- Please bring your Field Trip ticket with your group to the performance and check in with the Field Trip staff at the auditorium door.
- Food, drink, cell phones, cameras, video cameras, and recording devices are not to be used during a performance out of respect for the theatre, the Field Trip attendees, and the performer. Thank you in advance.
- Large tubs are provided at each performance to store lunches. If you already have a tub or cart with class lunches, please place them next to the other bins inside the lobby.
- CSU, Chico does not have bus parking available on campus. Bus drop off and pick up location is located on Arcadian Ave. next to Holt Hall (See attached map). Buses are not allowed to drop off or pick up on First and Salem Streets. Buses are not allowed to park at Bidwell Mansion.
- Please be mindful of the actions of your students to insure everyone’s visit is safe and rewarding.
- Campus parking is extremely limited during Field Trip performances; however, hourly parking may be purchased by downloading the Passport Parking App or by going to ppprk.com. Information regarding City of Chico Parking is available at the City of Chico website or by clicking here.
- Pre-purchased single Field Trip tickets orders will receive preferred single seating in the first few rows. Single Field Trip tickets purchased last minute at the door will be seated in a location at the discretion of the Field Trip staff. Single ticket orders are any orders having nine tickets or less.
- For questions regarding Field Trips or disability seating accommodations, please contact Cosima at (530) 898-6856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls and emails are returned Monday to Friday between 10AM and 6PM. Please allow 72 hours to return your call or email.