1st FASP September AgendaAcademic Senate
(530) 898-6201, Zip 020
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: Faculty and Student Policies Committee
FROM: Michael Rehg, Chair
DATE: September 6, 2012
SUBJECT: FASPC AGENDA – September 13, 2012, 2:30 p.m., Kendall 209
- Approveminutes of the April 26, 2012 meeting
- Approve today’s agenda
- Announcements: Introduction of members.
- FASP rep needed for Technology and the Profession Committee (TPC)
- Election of a Vice-Chair and Secretary
- Review and approval of FASP guidelines
- FASP role and operation (Robert’s Rules of Order)
- Items for Discussion
a) Revision of FPPP 8.4 on lecturer range elevation. There were some proposed revisions last year, but issues surrounding the wording did not get resolved in time to get Senate approval. We will need to take a fresh look at it.
- b) EM 99-21 Nondiscrimination Policy Regarding Individuals with Disabilities to Modernize, Strengthen, and Incorporate EO 926/AA-2007-04 Access to Electronic and Information Technology for Persons with Disabilities:http://www.csuchico.edu/prs/EMs/1999/99-021.shtml. The EM is obsolete and needs to be updated.
c) Life Cycle of Department RTP Documents. Issue: Should the FPPP and department personnel documents in effect when a faculty member is hired follow the faculty member through their probationary years, or should the faculty member be held accountable to revised documents? Some departments give faculty a choice.