COVID-19
View plans for in-person Commencement and fall 2021 on ourCOVID-19 News & Information website.
Enterprise Applications

2020 DAWGS Meetings

DAWGS meetings
December 202012/01, 12/08, 12/15
November 202011/03, 11/17
October 202010/06, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27
September 202009/01, 09/08, 09/15, 09/22, 09/29
August 202008/06, 08/20, 08/25
July 202007/23

December 23, 2020

No meeting this week.

December 15, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

12/08

  • PeopleSoft CSMP 13.02 (14437787)
  • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
  • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)

12/10

  • bbutil new Azure boxes – Part 1 (Utter)

12/15

  • 14427273 - Transcript Update for Covid Affected Students (Smith)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • 12/15
    • 14427273 - Transcript Update for Covid Affected Students (Smith)
    • 14432664 - Set up Branding in PRD
  • 12/21
    • bbutil new Azure boxes – Part 2
  • 12/22
    • EADS-FS-SEC Server Decommission (Back)
    • CampusLogic Events to Load (Satya)
    • Pre-CSMP 14.00 MFAS 2 Fix (Axtell) 

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • TST refresh from PRD on Thursday (12/17)
  • CS/HRMP 14 applied to TST and DVL on Friday (12/18)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Testing non-baseline fix for MFA, looks good so far.
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Question about adding new icons in HPT menus. Can those be added, who can add them, and how would they be migrated between instances.
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • Planning to run some big Data Mover scripts soon. Touch base with Mark.
  • Finance (Jarrett)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • HP may be coming out with a new version 20.4.2 this Friday, which includes several updates that our stakeholders are interested in. What would it look like for us to get that installed and tested?
    • If we do install the HP update, will that wipe out our existing work in non-prod? It should not, but we have observed some past issues with message catalog.
    • We will refresh TST this week anyway for MP14. We could migrate our mods from PRJ to TST. That would make our first test of migrating from one instance to another.
    • Will MP14 have to go into PRD before HCX, or can those proceed together? If they need to go in separately, that complicates our testing.
    • If we put MP14 into PRD on 1/12, that would give us a week to test. Will need to confirm with Security team since that includes the Veterans mod. Keep in mind that major MPs often require fixes for our mods such as self-service.
    • Some CO teams have indicated that they have had limited time to test MP14.
    • Note some deadlines. Open enrollment starts 1/11. Fee payment by 1/15.
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • One last check for updated contacts list. Some people might prefer to omit phone numbers if they prefer emails.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Recently had first deadline for fee payments. Should have some more time for testing soon.
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Grade Change AWE put on hold.
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Scott & Mark)

Today’s Discussions

  • Open

December 8, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 14427273 - Transcript Update for Covid Affected Students (Smith) – Pushed to the 15th
  • Blackboard SaaS Version 3900.2.0 December 3rd 2020

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • 12/08
    • PeopleSoft CSMP 13.02 (14437787)
    • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432664 - Set up Branding in PRD
  • 12/10
    • bbutil new Azure boxes – Part 1
  • 12/21
    • bbutil new Azure boxes – Part 2

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • MP 14 coming soon. Estimate we can install it around 12/22. That can include TST (refresh on 12/17) and DVL (no refresh).
    • Note about Authorize to Release mod. Chico may want to keep our local mod and omit the MP 14 mod. Will need to investigate options to do that. They may be installed side-by-side, or one may overwrite the other.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • HPT security
    • Planning some changes to layout of class search
    • Still need to address Follett Discover “Shop” component. May need an updated integration between HPT and Shop, to add a new button that sends user to Follett.
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • HCX testing
    • Next CMS meeting tomorrow
  • Finance (Jarrett)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Preparing for minimum wage increase in Jan 2021.
    • Is there anyone who needs more time to update that consolidated contacts list? Yvonne will take one last look and prepare it for publishing.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • Inactive Unisys accounts may be purged if they do not log in by 1/20/2021
    • Upcoming decommission of EADS-FS-SEC file server; we believe no one is using this, but wanted to double check
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)

Today’s Discussions

  • HCX coordinated (synchronous) testing session – Rich
    • Holly and Rich will collaborate to schedule this.

December 1, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 14430788 - Person record 010044061 does not exist in HR to add a POI (Petit)
  • 14431603 - Account Center API calls to PeopleSoft failing (Petit)
  • PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (11/23) (Fuhs)
    • Know issues – DocuSign, Zoom & Poll Everywhere
  • 14427273 - Transcript Update for Covid Affected Students (Smith)
  • 13856943 - Add middle initial in vendor create program (Paruchuri)
  • 14434118 - CHIAD001 print program (Fierro)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • 12/03
    • Blackboard SaaS Version 3900.2.0 December 3rd 2020
  • 12/08
    • PeopleSoft CSMP 13.01 and 13.02 (14437787)
    • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432664 - Set up Branding in PRD

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • Veteran Benefits mod testing.
  • TRN’s last refresh was on 7/2/2020. Candidate for refresh soon. Some testing ongoing now, should wait a few weeks.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Waiting for multi-factor admissions mod.
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • HCX testing ongoing. Security roles missing in PRJ. Ron can help those who need to test with SA or alphanumeric account.
  • Finance (Jarrett)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • New version in PRJ, needs testing wrapped up by 12/18 if possible. Training development up next.
    • Some difficulty accessing PRJ instances via instance management page. Waiting on SSO config change. Try the dev launcher instead, for now.
    • If anyone needs to test in PRJ but cannot log in, contact Ron for assistance.
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • CHRS update. Starting in January, first pass of PageUp implementation.
    • Some campuses are in first wave for CHRS implementation, soon.
    • Caution about testing in TST; instance should mainly be for MP testing.
    • Suggestion to log out manually. Difficult to log into HR instances if close CS session without logging out.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • MP14 delayed.
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Grade Change mod moving ahead.
    • Testing for MP14.
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)
    • DocuSign logins via Shibboleth. 

Today’s Discussions

  • https://csuchico.app.box.com/v/cms-consolidated-contact-list
    • Yvonne will send out an editable version to solicit updates; review next week
  • Chico State Alerts discussion
    • Service account password issue, users were not able to update contact info.
  • Other production issues
    • Multiple users expressed difficulty accessing CFS
    • Student accounts without emails set; they may have difficulty accessing CashNet.

November 17, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 14424144 - Update to Questica HR (Petit)
  • 13856943 - Concur Program Changes-Add middle initial in vendor create program(Paruchuri)
    • Identified an issue that will require a second deployment. Aiming for next week (11/24).
  • 14432707 – PT 8.57 xdo.cfg file fix needed to restore editing of RTF Templates (Petit)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • 11/23
    • PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (11/23) (Quinto)
  • 11/24
    • 14434118 - CHIAD001 print program (Fierro)
  • Future Dated
    • 14428921 – Cayuse Data Extract (Petit)
    • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • PRJ refresh. Check timing with Ron.
  • Testing for the Veterans module
    • Sneak peek in PRJ after the refresh?
    • Will this mod be updated between now and MP 14? If yes, might want to wait.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • Finance (Jarrett)
    • Update over the last weekend broke some Perceptive processes.
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • EAPP working on draft timeline for mobile app migration. Jeremy will be a close functional partner on that.
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Had some issues, since resolved, with slow logins for non-prod PS instances.
  • Document Management (Sam)
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)

Today’s Discussions

  • Fluid update this past weekend broke some Perceptive processes, including screen scrapes out of CFS. Will need to resolve those and consider this for future updates.
  • Note about VPN access for testing in non-prod. If some of your stakeholders don’t already have VPN access, make sure to request that early on to save time.
  • Updates to CMS consolidated contact list. HR has the original copy, published as PDF. Will share an editable version in order to crowdsource updates.

November 3, 2020

Today’s Discussions

  • Portal Demo (Richter) – 20 Minutes

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 12780640 Create Daily Script for UDT_ChkHld (Jackson)
  • 14239863 - CHIXSCHD SQR fix for final exam scheduling (Smith)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 14432535 - Employee service indicator on CS side (Paruchuri)
    • 14432907 - HP PRD performance problems – Permanent Fix (Smith)
  • 11/10/2020
    • 14424144 - Update to Questica HR
      • Josh mentioned an issue with some fields, still being worked on.
    • Future Dated
      • 14428921 – Cayuse Data Extract (Petit)
      • 13856943 - Concur Program Changes (Satya)
      • PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (11/23) (Quinto)
      • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
      • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • PRJ refresh. Will coincide with HPT update, tentative 11/20.
  • Vet mod update probably will not need to go live for a few weeks.
  • Are TST and DVL working with SSO? Had some problems recently, should be fixed now.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Testing multi-factor admissions
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • Finance (Jarrett)
    • Maintenance Pack 4.0: CFS, including CFS Data Warehouse, will not be available to campus users from approximately 5:00 PM on Friday, 11/13 through 9:00 AM on Monday, 11/16.
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • HP Navigation and Security
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
  • Document Management (Perceptive Content, Adobe Sign, Unity) (Dustin, Sam or Robert)
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Issue with BI Publisher templates. Something related to closing IF statements. Discussed on module call.
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)

October 27, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 14428941 - Select PeopleSoft HR - Display CEC information Self Service Paychecks (Petit)
  • 14429305 Cashnet - Make a Payment (Fierro)
  • 12780640 Create Daily Script for UDT_ChkHld (Jackson)
  • 14431630 - Fall 21 scheduling error (Smith ERFC)
    • Holly requested to make sure table data got cleared. Ron will follow up.
  • Code Chill 10/26-11/20 – Attempting to minimize changes during this window

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • No Changes Tonight
  • Future Dated
    • 14239863 - CHIXSCHD SQR fix for final exam scheduling (Smith ERFC)
    • Duo Enrollment Page - 10/28 (Quinto)
    • 14428921 – Cayuse Data Extract
    • 13856943 - Concur Program Changes (Satya)
  • After 11/20
    • PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (11/23) (Quinto)
    • 14239863 - CHIXSCHD SQR fix for final exam scheduling (Axtell)
    • 14432663 - PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD (Axtell)
    • 14432662 - PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD (Axtell)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • PRJ clone with PT update. When?
    • Possible complications: Ron’s work on configuration backups, Ron’s availability with other high priority work, update to HP 20.4, update to MP 14.
    • Based on those complications, we will wait a few weeks and revisit this once we have more clarity.
  • MP 13.01 going into both TST and DVL, after they post later this week.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • Urgent issue with HP performance.
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Urgent issue with adding emplids for POIs. Deployed in STG, tested.
    • Need to change POI description for CSE. Will need to coordinate across DBs.
  • Document Management (Perceptive Content, Adobe Sign, Unity) (Dustin, Sam or Robert)
    • All staff can get access to Adobe Sign, based on discussion with ESRG. This will require an acceptable usage agreement. That will include a variety of compliance needs, including accessibility.
    • Working on a matrix to clarify the different use cases for these platforms.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)
    • Duo prompt for all staff and faculty, starting tomorrow. Will become mandatory later this year.
    • Duo prompt expanding to students in the future, possibly during Q2 2021.

Today’s Discussions

  • ProdOpsStandards4Peak.docx (Rowe)
    • External Process Inventory
    • How will functional users know which processes are high-impact? Current rule of thumb seems to be anything that takes over 30 minutes is “large”.
    • This document may be a few years old. Has it been revisited recently? Especially after the CS/HR split?
    • HR has a few jobs that need to be run manually. They must either run these during normal business hours, or schedule people to come in during off-hours. How can they know what the impact is? EAPP requested a list of those processes so that they can work with the CO to estimate impact.
    • Important distinction: peak for Chico, or peak for CMS across all the campuses?
    • Dave will send out a survey to stakeholders and ask for more details, look for details on DS accounts.

October 20, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 10/13 - 14427302 - HP Class Schedule Look & Feel (Ron)
  • 10/13 - MP 13 and associated mods (Mark)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 14428941 - Select PeopleSoft HR - Display CEC information Self Service Paychecks
  • Future Dated
    • 10/26 – Code Chill
  • After 11/20
    • PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (Postponed)
    • 13856943 - Concur Program Changes Pending
    • Grade Change Mod
    • Setup Branding in PRD
    • PRCSYSPURGE process in HCHIPRD
    • PRCSYSPURGE process in CCHIPRD

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • STG instances are cloned weekly. Typically the DB side of the clone occurs at 1:00 AM on Wednesday mornings, then Chico finishes up the process Wednesday morning before notifying Dawgs.

 HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • Proposal to update left-hand navigation menu. Add links to Campus Portal and Academic Advising.
      • These links are global, not specific to one page in HCX. This could be a temporary workaround, to be taken down when we transition to HCX tile layout in Feb 2021. Re-evaluate what is needed at that point.
      • When the menu is collapsed, all 3 links have the same icon. If possible, resolve that by applying unique icons to each link.
      • Need to test what happens with security roles, guest users vs. logged in users.
      • Should this link direct to Academic Advising, or is there a landing page for our multi-tier advising structure? A landing page is in the works, Mike will check when it is available and Ron can update the link at that time.
      • Will decisions about tiles and links impact the mobile app? Need to check.
      • Need to identify testing users (faculty and students).
      • Hold for now. Can revisit later.
    • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
      • Yvonne had a question about job processing during business hours. Historically there is a large HR job that was high-impact, wanted to inquire if HR must work off-hours or if it’s now acceptable to run during business hours.
      • HR will go ahead with those processes this week; let them know if system performance seems to be impacted.
      • Can Dawgs get a demo or preview of the upcoming Campus Portal update?
    • Document Management (Perceptive Content, Adobe Sign, Unity) (Dustin, Sam or Robert)
      • Working to bring Unity online. Provisioning several servers.
      • Working on a matrix to help decide which use cases fit which of these systems.
      • Perceptive Content
        • LBST advising will have several documents coming soon. Training in a few weeks.
        • Working on a script that scans document upload folders for documents that are not importing, hopefully catching errors with the import process before users need to report them.
        • Issue with document importer, may need to restart server; will wait for a good time.
      • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
      • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
        • CashNet update coming soon, modernized interface.
      • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
        • Upcoming demo, sending out invites.
        • Some errors related to transcript processing. Workaround from CMS.
      • Technical (Dave/Mark)
      • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)

 Today’s Discussions

  • Clarification about code freeze
    • Registration begins 10/26 at 8:00 AM
    • Registration appointments are 250 students per hour, Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
    • Currently the last appointment is on 11/4
    • Registration stays open until 11/20 – keep code freeze until then
  • PRJ refresh with Tools update?
    • Note the refresh will overwrite any development work in PRJ. Ron will export the current project state the day before refresh, so that it can be restored. That process will be tested in another environment ahead of time.
    • Any stakeholders who have custom work in PRJ should contact Ron to make sure that it can be preserved.
    • Is there a list of who has changes in PRJ? Could there be?
  • TST refresh with Tools update?
    • Scheduled for next week: offline 10/29, back up 10/30

October 13, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 10/06 – HP Public Facing Class Schedule W/ Follett Discover Link (401784) RFC 14428268
  • 10/06 - 10639825 EAPP Service Account no longer able to run Portal Security Sync
  • 10/06 – CHIAD001 - SQR 14425443 – RFC 14427308
    • Tony reported some follow-up will be needed, working with Melanie to troubleshoot an issue that came up after the change.

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 10/13 - 14427302 - HP Class Schedule Look & Feel (Ron)
    • 10/13 - MP 13 – C/HCHIPRD (Mark)
    • 10/13 - Chico Mod – COMR (Mark)
    • 10/13 - BSL_92_SR_INC0375421_AWE_PRP_NBP_20200925 (Student Records AWE CSMP 13 Oracle Critical Fix) (Mark)
  • Future Dated
    • 10/20 - 13856943 - Concur Program Changes (Satya)
    • 10/20 - 14428941 - Select PeopleSoft HR - Display CEC information Self Service Paychecks (Tracy)
    • 10/26 – Code Chill
    • Pending - PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (Postponed)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Testing HighPoint Class Search, replaces public class schedule. Noticed an issue when clicking on links, gives blue PS login screen, sometimes errors out. Might occur when user is logged into HR. Ron proposed a solution to work around this by updating user permissions.
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Continued work on CHRS and Perceptive Content
  • Document Management (Perceptive Content, Adobe Sign, Unity) (Dustin, Sam or Robert)
    • Completed international census run over the weekend. Documents should be coming through.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security (Ray/Scott & Mark)

Today’s Discussions

  • Future PT 8.57 clones to other instance – Proposal
    • Proposal to clone into DVL as soon as next week. Make sure to back up any ongoing projects.
    • Would need to do TST again before MP 14.
    • Start with DVL next week, consider TST next, then would have PRJ later on.
    • TRN is at 8.57 already. Easier to refresh.
  • Plan to move PRJ up to 20.3.4
    • Ron mentioned another release that might be coming up soon; might justify waiting to avoid re-work.
    • Discussion about testing PeopleSoft releases, HighPoint releases, possibility for updates from either channel to cause problems.

October 6, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 09/29 - 14426718 - Wildcat Scheduler 9 (Ron)
  • 09/29 - 14421748 - Wildcat Photo API (Satya)
  • 09/29 - 14419413 - TDX workflow for EAPP major service requests (Robert)
  • 09/30 - 13707818 - TDX Purc electronic PO's via Adobe and direct storage (Dustin and Sam)
  • 09/29 - 12804815 - AP CHI CSU APL SMP (Tony)
  • 09/29 - 14425781 - COMR - HR - CSU_INST_TM_DTL 9 (Mark)
  • 10/03 - 14426866 - CCHIPRD PeopleTools 8.57 Upgrade (Mark)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 10/06 - HP Public Facing Class Schedule W/ Follett Discover Link (401784)
    • 10/06 - 10639825 EAPP Service Account no longer able to run Portal Security Sync
    • 10/06 - SQR 14425443 - RFC 14427308 - CHIAD001
  • Future Dated
    • 10/13 - 14427302 - HP Class Schedule Look & Feel
    • 10/13 - MP 13
    • 10/13 - Chico Mod - Comr
    • Pending - PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (Postponed)
    • 10/26 - Code Chill

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • https://www.csuchico.edu/eapp/peoplesoft/instance-mgmt/index.shtml
  • Need to decommission old “CB” and “HB” instances, as they are part of the old toolset.
  • New instances with “CA” and “HA” names will have the new toolset.
  • Scheduled dates? Consider adding this on the instance management page.
  • Concern about SSO login resolution. Working on that with ISEC.

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Working on testing Scheduler and PT 8.57
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Module update on hold
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • TUG 10/01
      • Unisys is building a self-service catalog, campuses may get access in Q2 2021.
      • New version of Cisco AnyConnect (v. 4.9.01095) is now available in Software Center. Users can install this on their own without waiting for ITSS to push it.
    • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)

Today’s Discussions

  • For future agendas, consider flipping the order so that demos are ahead of other updates.
  • Demo Class Search (Holly)

September 29, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 09/22 - Ticket #6408852 Athletic doc types
  • 09/22 - RFC 14425767 - COMR CHI_H_COMM_GEN_WRK0_PC_FIX
  • 09/25 - 14426865 TDX site-to-site VPN tunnel
  • 09/27 – Urgent Ticket #841207 Create new queue in Image Now [AdmisPetitions_OR]

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 09/29 - 14427041 - Wildcat Scheduler
    • 09/29 - 14421748 - Wildcat Photo API
    • 09/29 - 12804815 - AP CHI CSU APL SMP
    • 09/29 - 14425443 - SQR CHIAD001
    • 09/29 - 14425781 - HR - CSU_INST_TM_DTL
  • Future Dated
    • 10/01 - 14419413 - TDX workflow for EAPP major service requests
    • 10/03 - 14426866 - CCHIPRD PeopleTools 8.57 Upgrade
    • 10/06 - 401784 - Public Facing Class Schedule W/ Follett Discover Link ()
    • 10/13 - Pending - MP 13
    • 10/13 - Pending - Reapply Chico mods to MP 13
    • Pending - PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (Postponed)
    • 10/26 - Code Chill

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Updating links and security for students, staff, faculty
    • Module meeting last week, all clear ahead
    • Ready for Wildcat Scheduler this week
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Not much this week
    • Waiting for info about Fall 2021 new multifactor admission process
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Follett Discover, scheduler
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • Cleanup after census
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • Nearing final confirmation that the new scheduler is ready
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Chico will be in wave 6 for CHRS Recruiting. Some work in January 2021, anticipate it will continue through November-December 2021. May require changes to department data and POI data.
    • Still working on activities to prepare for PeopleTools upgrade. Mainly need to check search functionality.
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Picking up support for Adobe Sign from ADS, with assistance from ITSS.
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Will need to add some new item types. Connecting with veterans’ office at CO to confirm reporting will have the data that is needed.
    • Getting feedback soon from other campuses about authorization to release mod.
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • Wednesday EAPP is going to reclassify about 60 projects to help clean up the data.
    • Reminder, PT upgrade this weekend. Scheduled jobs will be disabled before, re-enabled after.
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
    • Work in PRJ is ongoing.

Today’s Discussions

  • 11003259 Student in CS but not in HR when Hired (Yvonne)
    • Is there any danger of emplid being provisioned on both sides? Previous process involved EAPP loading the record manually. Recently tried an experiment to create records on both sides, then manually sync up the emplids; had problems because the two records did not match and would not re-sync.
    • If the two databases end up out of sync, what is the impact? Not entirely clear.
    • How many users are impacted? Estimated 180 in CS but not in HR. How many of those get employed? So far 3 to 4.
    • Comment about EDI load that does not fully sync all users across.
    • How do other CSU campuses handle this? Unclear. CO mentioned this might be an issue after the CS/HR split, but it is not yet clear how campuses are handling this.
    • Has the CO mentioned concern about the databases matching? It is likely that moving to CHRS will introduce more mismatches, since CHRS would only have employees and POIs and would not include all users from CS.
    • Affected population appears to be small, but important to keep this issue in mind. Remember that CS is the official system for student data.

September 22, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 09/15 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.04 (Mark)
  • 09/15 - Alcohol v2. Fixes (Ron)
  • 09/20 - Control M Application Upgrade
  • 09/21 - PeopleSoft CAS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade (Postponed)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 09/22 - Ticket #6408852 Athletic doc types
    • 09/22 - RFC 14425767 - COMR CHI_H_COMM_GEN_WRK0_PC_FIX
  • Future Dated
    • 09/29 - Wildcat Scheduler
    • 10/03 - CCHIPRD PeopleTools 8.57 Upgrade
    • 10/06 - Public Facing Class Schedule
    • 10/13 - MP 13
    • 10/26 - Code Chill

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Wildcat Scheduler demo
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Tools testing ongoing, hoping for final sign-off today.
    • Opening for Fall 2021 next week.
    • Problem with multiple Nevada codes? State versus County.
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
    • Fixed ERSA process in TRN.
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Main focus on public-facing class schedule (10/13).
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • Several meetings this week.
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Admissions census run coming up soon.
    • Perceptive data transfer work related to PT update.
    • Internet Explorer end-of-life. Some processes only work in IE. Shift to Firefox?
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • FTEC database outage for maintenance?
    • FA regs release.
    • Vet benefit modification, demos coming soon.
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • PeopleTools 8.57 Update – MTP 10/3
    • Feedback on PT testing by end of week if possible. Thanks!
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
    • CAS update on 9/21 postponed. Issue was not related to PeopleSoft.
    • Troubleshooting SendWordNow communication issue.
    • Next week, Chris’s last Dawgs meeting.

Today’s Discussions

  • Note, Public Facing Class Schedule on 10/13 depends on HCX project migration
    • We would need to deploy HCX on 10/6.
    • Security impact should be minimal; do not grant access.
    • Discussion about testing and assurances to avoid unwanted change.
    • Several moving pieces. None visible until security reveals them.
    • Need clarity about what is going live, and when, and how that will impact other projects that are underway.
  • Student in CS but not in HR when Hired – Y. Martini

September 15, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 09/08 - CCHIPRD Letter testing for spring 2021-14416903 (Satya)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 09/15 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.04 (Mark)
    • 09/15 - Alcohol v2. Fixes (Ron)
  • Future Dated
    • 09/20 - Control M Application Upgrade
    • 09/22 - Open
    • 10/03 - CCHIPRD PeopleTools 8.57 Upgrade
      • Mark will request CCHISTG clone on 10/4
    • 10/06 - Open
    • 10/13 - Multiple
      • Public Facing Class Schedule
      • MP 13
        • Mark will get MP 13 installed on CS and HR TRN
      • 10/26 - Code Chill

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Testing HP schedule builder
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Module update requiring some external org changes
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Testing HP schedule builder
    • New attributes and values for curricular engaged learning
    • Problem with search tools on HR side… also problematic on CS side? May need to investigate other search options.
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • Veterans Benefits mod memo, reporting requirements.
    • May need to add Veterans module to Dawgs?
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Question about process regarding student inactivity
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
    • Working on HP schedule builder security options
    • Engaged CO about VPN clients
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Working on processes for data and indexes, easier workflow development

Today’s Discussions

  • PeopleSoft CS testing for Shibboleth IdP V4 upgrade – Chris W.
    • Scheduled for Monday, 9/21 @ 6:30 AM
    • Testing indicates everything is good, but some elements cannot be tested.
    • PeopleSoft will remain unchanged; this could affect login process, though.
    • If there is a problem, ISEC will advise an immediate rollback.
  • Student in CS but not in HR when Hired – Y. Martini
    • Tabled for future discussion

September 8, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 09/01 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.02 (Mark)
  • 14419406 TDX person/account/asset imports (Rob)
  • Ticket #14421334 Perceptive Content - Java Update (Dustin)

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 09/08 - CCHIPRD Letter testing for spring 2021-14416903 (Satya)
  • Future Dated
    • 9/15 Tuesday - CCHIPRD CSMP 12.04 (Mark)
    • 9/20 Sunday - Control M upgrade
    • 9/22 Tuesday - Open
    • 10/3 Tuesday - CCHIPRD PT 8.57
    • 10/6 Tuesday - Open
    • 10/13 Tuesday - Multiple
      • MP 13
      • Public facing class schedule
    • 10/20 Tuesday - Open (last Tuesday before code chill)
    • 10/27 Tuesday - Freeze
    • 11/3 Tuesday - Freeze
    • 11/10 Tuesday - Freeze
    • 11/17 Tuesday - Open

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

 HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • Message Center fix, useful for sending messages to targeted groups
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Testing and identifying workarounds
    • Testing PeopleTools update. Ability to search for pages is broken, users get an error that they are not authorized for Global Search. Will impact many HR database users, should warn ITSS in case they get tickets.
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Note about issue with students not able to update addresses
    • Suggestion to mention module-specific issues in case they are cross-module, especially anything in Student Center
  • SAUG - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • Vets benefit reporting module (delivered from CO), anticipating updates in October and December, meeting tomorrow
    • HP testing in PRJ
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
  • High Point (Mike & Ron)
    • Admission/Registration both have meetings with HP vendor tomorrow
    • Comm plan for class schedule in the works for HEOA compliance; tentative go-live October 12, 2020
    • Note about non-prod updates (see discussion below)
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)

Today’s Discussions

  • Authorization to Release (Mike)
    • Tabled for discussion after upcoming demo
  • HP Releases to non-prod – 20.3.3 (Dave)
    • HP project releases in PRJ; should be fine as long as stakeholders know what's going in
    • Confirmed to move ahead in PRJ with degree planner and schedule builder
  • Code Freeze (Mike)
    • Aligns with student registration: 10/26 to 11/16
    • What if there is an emergency? That could be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
    • How to prioritize which projects go in after the freeze? This could back up for several weeks.
    • Is it possible to narrow down the scope?
    • How often would this be done? Twice a year for registration (April + October), potentially a third freeze for orientation.
    • May need to try this and see what pitfalls occur, if any

September 1, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • 13262134 - COMR CHI_FA_STD_VW - Grade Level (Axtel)
  • HighPoint Fin Aid Projects (Smith)
  • HighPoint Schedule Builder (Smith)
  • HighPoint Degree Planner (Smith)
  • 12804815 - AP CHI CSU APL SMP (Fierro)
  • 402933 - Alcohol EDU Upgrade (Smith)
    • Additional round of changes will be necessary. Next week?
  • 14419449 Remove Blackboard Predict Views (Petit)
  • 14419410 TDX MS Teams integration with TDx

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight
    • 09/01 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.02
  • Future Dated
    • 09/08 - CCHIPRD Letter testing for spring 2021-14416903
    • 09/15 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.04
    • 09/22 - Open
    • 10/03 - CCHIPRD PeopleTools 8.57 Upgrade

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

PS Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • Discussion about MP rollout schedule, especially MP 13.
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Some alterations to business processes, may need new web services from PS group. In analysis now.
    • Moving up to procurement process orders next.
    • Maintenance this weekend, 4-hour downtime Saturday 9am-1pm.
  • High Point (Michael & Ron)
    • Go-live rescheduled for February 2021.
    • Michael Allen will be taking on some more project management related to this.
  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Refresh in PRJ is looking good.
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Currently testing 12.04. Things are going well so far. We’ll need to make a few modifications for Fall 2021 cycle as far as internal processes such as the print of applications and changes to Perceptive views within queues. Tickets will be coming soon.
    • We have been testing the Tools upgrade and ran into some issues with Mass Matriculation last week. I am going to try it again today and if the issues are still there, will open a ticket.
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Testing HP and Follett.
    • Class schedule portion of HP still set for go-live in October.
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Coordinating with Housing re charge adjustments. Parking permits.
    • PeopleTools testing. A few COBOL processes that run.
  • SAUG Update - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • Requesting some work in TST after MP13 is deployed there. Authorization to release mod.
    • If HP can meet our needs, can we use those pages instead of CSU mods? Doing some research with OGC.
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Grade Change back in TST after refresh.
    • PDF transcript process in DVL.
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
    • Discussion with network, VPN architecture, hoping to streamline.
    • Asked vendor for HP security documentation, starting to plan out security configuration for components.
    • Some web service issues in troubleshooting. Wildcat Photo Service seems to be a firewall issue, fix in process. SendWordNow may need additional troubleshooting and enhanced logging.
    • Onboarding Christine.

August 25, 2020

In Production - Pending DAWGs Review

  • #313652 ADMS: Spring 19 cycle: ICT and auto-admit (Dustin)
  • #14416955 Jamboard – ITPR
  • Project #306355 - Perceptive Content - ESLA Recruitment Categories

Scheduled Changes for Production

  • Tonight (08/25/2020 Extended Window)
    • 13262134 - CHI_FA_STD_VW - Grade Level (Axtel)
    • 14420065 - HighPoint migration
      • HighPoint Fin Aid Projects (Smith)
      • HighPoint Schedule Builder (Smith)
      • HighPoint Degree Planner (Smith)
    • 12804815 - AP CHI CSU APL SMP (Fierro)
    • 402933 - Alcohol EDU Upgrade (Smith)
    • 14419449 Remove Blackboard Predict Views (Petit)
  • Future Dated
    • 08/31 - 14419410 MS Teams integration with TDx
    • 09/01 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.02
    • 09/15 - CCHIPRD - CSMP 12.04

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • Instance Management Document

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

Note, some of these updates are brief because our previous meeting was very recent.

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Testing HP, schedule builder
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Testing HP, tools
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
    • Testing MindLink
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • HP and Follett
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • Updates tonight, leading into HP
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Working toward document processing in Perceptive Content
    • Management of electronic documents
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Using new process with Adobe Sign + Perceptive Content
    • Some problems posting third-party links
    • Performance, running jobs during peak load vs. need for current data
  • SAUG Update - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • Extended maintenance window for tonight, due to volume of changes. Normally 10pm-midnight, tonight is 8pm-midnight.
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
  • High Point (Jeremy & Ron)
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Working on Auto Admit
    • Attendance Certification

Today’s Discussions

  • 8/26 PRJ & STG Refresh (Satya)
    • HCX 20.3.2 Upgrade – PRJ (Ron)
    • Is there a list of changes that will need to be re-applied after the refresh? Continue with STG refresh, hold off on PRJ until we get clarity on that.
  • Ticket #14421334 PC Java Update Tentatively Scheduled for 9/5 – 4 hour downtime (Dave)
    • Set for Saturday, 9/5, 9:00am-1:00pm
  • PeopleTools Upgrade (Mark)
    • MTP 10/3
    • Preview available on CACHITRN and HACHITRN

August 20, 2020

Completed Projects Pending Review

  • 14418363 - COMR, Fix for ICT process duplicating checklists
  • 14418353 - 12.03 for 8/18
  • 14418757 - Buffer Error Course Credit

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  • Instance Management
    • 12.02 currently on CS, migrate to PRD on 9/1
    • 12.04 needed on CS before October, migrate to PRD on 9/15
    • Upcoming: HCX
  • COMRs & RFCs for 8/25
    • 14419449 - Remove Blackboard Predict Views
    • 402933 - Alcohol EDU Upgrade
    • 12804815 - AP CHI CSU APL SMP
    • 13262134 - Chi_FA_STD_VW
    • Degree Planner
    • Schedule Builder

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  • Academic Advising (Matt & Satya)
    • Focused on HP testing
  • Admissions (Kim/Melanie & Tony)
    • Some errors related to new basis of admissions
  • Campus Community (Linda & Satya)
    • Issues with extending deadlines, basis of admissions, etc.
    • MP 13 targeted for 9/4 will include new org IDs
    • 04 has new redirection features for applications
    • Authorization release mod
    • Update coming for city of birth being required
  • Classroom Resources (Holly & Ron)
    • Follett rollout
  • Financial Aid (Jamie/Dan & Mark)
    • Financial aid disbursements this week
    • Testing HP products
  • Human Resources (Rebecca/Yvonne & Tracy)
    • Reloaded this week for self-reporting disabilities
    • CHRS Recruiting module, waves 5-6. W5 in early 2021. Would replace our recruiting tool with the “Page Up”.
  • Student Financials (Anna/Gina & Tony)
    • Financial aid disbursements this week
    • Resolved issue with refunds processing
    • Working on issue with state financial codes between CFS, CS, HR
  • SAUG Update - CMS Projects (Mike/Rich)
    • Authorizations Release mod, either soon or MP 14 in December
    • Importance of ERS reporting this year
    • Campus Logic adoption by other campuses, or by CO?
  • Student Records (Rich/Erin & Ron)
    • Touched on 12.04, Authorizations Release mod
    • MP 13 in September
    • Working on some Shopping Cart issues
    • Student voter registration link. Contest between campuses? Link in the Student Center is correct now.
  • Technical (Dave/Mark)
    • Cloud dev migration workshops coming up
  • Security report (Ray/Chris/Scott & Mark)
    • Lit hold activity
    • Keeping an eye on vendor breaches
    • Cleaning up inactive faculty accounts in PS
  • High Point (Jeremy & Robert)
    • Testing is ongoing
    • Meeting tomorrow about communication plan
    • May need to clarify for future agendas, HP vs HP Mobile
  • Perceptive Content (Dustin)
    • Many e-form requests coming in
    • Researching use of webhooks
    • Working on CFS access for a procurement service account
    • Admissions auto-admit project, write-up about timing issues coming soon, will need input on that

Today’s Discussions

  • Live Chat rolled out by Student Affairs
  • Data refresh of PRJ – Follow-up – Ron
    • Clone PRD to PRJ on 8/26
    • EAPP will need to reapply HP mods
    • ISEC will need to reapply security customizations (Rich/menus)
  • PeopleTools 8.56.08 – CSMP 12.04 Posting Notification – Mark
    • Discussed above (MTP 9/15)
  • Authorizations Release module in HCX
    • Needs some work and review to ensure FERPA compliance
    • May need to discuss impact of granularity on financial aid work
    • May need to discuss other working groups that have their own auth modules
    • Video demo available from SAUG
  • Proposal to shift DAWGS meeting to Tuesdays from 2-3 – Dave
    • Current timing has a lag up to 12 days between Dawgs meetings and weekly release cycle based on Tuesday evening changes.
    • If we shift Dawgs to a weekly Tuesday meeting, this would work more smoothly.
    • Consensus in favor of trying it out.
  • Dawgs group in MS Teams automatically created a second SharePoint site for Dawgs
    • Need to discuss how best to flatten that

August 6, 2020

Notes for this meeting have not yet been posted.

July 23, 2020

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Instance Management

  1. Instance management
    1. Yvonne/Ron will follow up about some data mover scripts on HB TRN.
    2. New MPs out. Important to deploy those soon. Possibly testing next week, deploying by 8/4.
  2. Upcoming COMRs for 7/27
    1. COVID-19 reports (Tracy)
      1. Time and Labor report
      2. Absence Management report
    2. CHILAE03 App Engine job (Tony)

HR 9.0/CS 9.2 Operational Discussion & Reports

  1. Academic Advising
  2. Admissions
    1. CalStateApply update coming soon. Version 12.xx, shouldn’t require any MP update. Needed for new process.
    2. Awaiting response from HighPoint team to start testing.
  3. Campus Community
    1. MP13 will have some new status values.
    2. ERES(?) reporting calendar due out soon, will specify reporting deadlines.
    3. System-wide reporting call 9/26.
    4. Firefox browser being phased out. Recommend Google Chrome instead.
  4. Classroom Resources
    1. MP13 will fix an orphan data issue related to workload values.
    2. New community engagement course attribute values; included from earlier update.
    3. Chico is in Phase 2, Spring 2021.
    4. Restrict enrollment based upon facility capacity. Renewed interest in one of two enhancement mods.
    5. Testing Follett + HighPoint. Target go-live October.
  5. Financial Aid
    1. Jamie working on HighPoint testing.
  6. Human Resources
    1. New COVID leave scripts going into production
    2. “Gap data” being pushed into database today
    3. Ongoing CHRS - #CHRSisHappening
    4. Working on improvements for first-time paycheck process. Becky mentioned more information coming soon, possibly involving some mods related to direct deposit.
  7. Student Financials
    1. Some requests waiting for MP13.
    2. Ongoing HighPoint work. Getting pushback on modification requests from vendor, if those customizations can’t be used across other customers.
    3. Foreign Source reporting due at end of month.
    4. CashNet systemwide contract renewal soon. Call with CO next week.
  8. SAUG
    1. Expecting some updates about data mover scripts. Rich will forward to EAPP.
    2. Conversation within SAUG about enrollment cap based on facility cap.
  9. Student Records
    1. Shopping Cart validation
    2. CCEL attribute values
    3. Facilities cap
    4. HP testing
    5. Grade Change AWE testing
    6. Group meeting end of September
    7. Some reporting deadlines extended
  10. Technical
    1. CalStateTech conference next week. Virtual, so we can all attend.
  11. Security
    1. Any updates from HighPoint about Parent Portal? Rich says no, but we will still need some mods to make notifications optional.
    2. Dave inquired about baseline modifications, connections and config points, compartmentalization. Chris/Greg will follow up about account provisioning for parents.
  12. HighPoint
    1. Jeremy will follow up about some module questions from Gina
    2. Report to group next week.
    3. Admissions update for Melanie soon.
    4. Starting up a new conversation about mobile – Andy/Dave/Robert. Current solution for mobile app may break during this update, so EAPP will partner with CMT to work on that.
  13. Perceptive Content
    1. Sam/Yvonne cleared up an issue with HR documents not auto-populating employee names.
    2. SFIN meeting today, looking for e-form solutions before semester start.
    3. May need some additional PeopleSoft web services built.
    4. Updating ticket backlog, sending information requests to department heads.

Discussion Items

  1. Glossary
    1. Where will this live? Sharepoint? Cascade website? Sharepoint if Dawgs, possibly EAPP or EADS website if this will be adopted across more teams.
    2. HTML format offers opportunities for linking.
    3. Group should send feedback or suggestions to Robert by Wednesday (7/29).
  2. Security Roles
    1. Role descriptions, especially roles with sensitive data access. Added a field that indicates if a role has access to L1 data.
    2. Each person who is able to modify that field is listed on an SOD exception report that goes to CO annually.
    3. Proposal to make these role descriptions read-only except for CS Security so that they can manage audit report data more easily. Open for discussion.
    4. When would this change be made? End of August. Chris/Holly will follow up in a few weeks.
  3. Closing comments
    1. CalStateTech next week. A few people mentioned that they registered but hadn’t received confirmations or login details yet.