The CSU, Chico Information Security Office works with the campus community to secure system and network resources, and protect the confidentiality of student, faculty, and staff information. To carry out this mission...
Tools & Resources
- Multi-Function Devices
- Annual Credit Report Monitoring
- Mobile Device Security
- Online Cloud Storage Security
- Password Management Software
- Spam and Phishing Information
- Third Party Contract Language
- Vulnerability Scanning
CMS Security Authorization Forms
- New Access to SA Student Admin Security Form (PDF)
- Modify Current SA Student Admin Security Form (PDF)
- SA Reinstatement Form for Students (PDF)
- HR CMS Security Form
- Contractor-Consultant Confidentiality Form (Word)
- CSU, Chico Non-Disclosure Agreement (Word)
- Data Warehouse - End User and Developer Access
- Date Warehouse - Service Account Access
- Incident Response Short Form (Word)
Report an IncidentBy email (24/7): Security@csuchico.edu
By phone (daytime): 898-4357
Physical safety issues, including cyber stalking and cyber bullying, should be reported to the CSU, Chico University Police department by calling 898-5555 or 911 from any campus phone.
Heartbleed SSL Vulnerability
On Monday, April 7th, the internet community became aware of a security flaw in a very common technology used to secure communication between clients and servers, known as OpenSSL. The nature of this bug means that for many months malicious attackers could have been capturing encrypted traffic that we all thought was well secured.
For more information on the bug and what steps you need to take to protect yourself click here.