The CSU, Chico Information Security Office works with the campus community to secure system and network resources, and protect the confidentiality of student, faculty, and staff information. To carry out this mission...
- Information Security Organization -Information including the campus information security plan and some basic information concerning campus security infrastructure.
- Protecting Yourself and Others - Basic Information Security Practices for the campus community.
Tools & Resources
Policies and Standards
- Information Security Policies and Standards- The policies and standards section of the Information Security website contains a comprehensive list of links to campus and CSU policies,standards,and procedures
- Report a lost/stolen device,security issue/concern, fraudulent emails, or request other services here
- Request PeopleSoft Access Here
Report an IncidentBy email (24/7): Security@csuchico.edu
By phone (daytime): 898-4357
Physical safety issues, including cyber stalking and cyber bullying, should be reported to the CSU, Chico University Police department by calling 898-5555 or 911 from any campus phone.
Identity Finder Software
Identity Finder is now available!
Identity Finder is a software program that seraches your campus computer for protected data such as Social Security, bank and credit card numbers. For more information, visit www.csuchico.edu/identityfinder.
FBI Releases Article on Ransomeware
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has released an article addressing the proliferation of ransomware campaigns. Ransomware is a type of malicious software that infects a computer and restricts users' access to it until a ransom is paid to unlock it. Individuals and organizations are discouraged from paying the ransom, as this does not guarantee access will be restored.
Click here for previous announcements