Live Chat Support
Net Study Room Reservations
What are Net Study rooms?
Net Study Rooms are designed for group work. Students working in groups can reserve a room with a computer to work on their group projects. Because Net Study Rooms are private rooms, groups can more easily communicate without disturbing other students around them. Large monitors allow all group members to view work.
Where are the Net Study rooms?
There are eight Net Study Rooms available for reservation in the Meriam Library 116 computer lab. They are: MLIB 111, 112, 117, 118, 119, 131, and 132.
- In order to reserve a room you must be a current CSU, Chico student with a @mail.csuchico.edu or @csuchico.edu email address.
- Rooms can only be reserved by groups of three to nine students.
- There is a maximum of two hours per day each student reservation.
- There is a maximum of eight hours total reservations per week per group.
- If you can not make your reservation, or no longer require a room reservation, please cancel your reservation.
- Students who do not show up and fail to cancel may be prohibited from future reservations.
How do you reserve a Net Study room?
CLICK ON THIS LINK:
On any computer with internet or a data phone, follow these directions:
- Go to website: www.csuchico.edu/itss In the left highlighted column choose: LAB RESERVATIONS and then NETSTUDY RESERVATIONS.
- Then click on NETSTUDY ROOM RESERVATIONS.
- Click on the desired NetStudy Room and time block. (Note, you can book either 1 or 2 hour block periods).
- They will be orange once you have made your selection.
- Click on the Continue tab.
- Enter the required "Booking Details" and click "Submit my booking". (Note, Only @mail.csuchico.edu and @csuchico.edu emails will be accepted for room reservations).
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canceling a reservation
To cancel a reservation request, use the "cancel this booking visit" in your confirmation email.
What software is available on the Net Study computers?
The same software that is available on any of the PCs in the first floor library lab is also available on the Net Study machines. Please see the complete software list for details.