Tools and Resources
- Vendor VPN Access Form
- Incident Response
- Register a New Server
- Static IP Request
- Border Firewall Exceptions
- SSL Certificates
- Electronic Device Disposal
- Wildcard Certificate Requests and Handling Procedures
- Campus border firewall. A system designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network. Firewalls can be implemented in hardware, software, or a combination of both.
- Encryption. Encryption converts data into a secure form that can be safely moved around and helps CSU, Chico meet its obligations under various data protection laws and policies. One of the most effective ways to protect personally identifiable or other confidential information stored on a computer is to encrypt it.
- Password Management Software. Provides helpful tools to assist you with creating and storing passwords.
- Personal Certificates and Digital Signatures. Personal Certificates allow you to sign and encrypt email and digitally sign documents.
- Vulnerability Management and Scanning. Vulnerability scans provide critical information to the Information Security Office and management as part of the risk assessment process for campus systems.
- Information Security Training. CSU, Chico provides Information Security Awareness online and on-campus training materials designed to provide staff and faculty with the knowledge they need to secure information resources.
- Mobile Device Security. Do's and don'ts to keep your mobile devices and the data stored on them secure against hacking and other security issues.
- Online Cloud Storage and E-mail. Frequently Asked Questions and Answers relating to storing data in the cloud shares and sending email and attachments securely.
- Records Retention. Campus implementation of the CSU Executive Order 1031. It is intended to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements regarding records retention while implementing appropriate oprational best practices.
- Resources for Managing Third Parties and Contracts. The CSU information security policy provides direction for managing third party relationships and contract language.
- Secure Disposal of Paper / Shredding and Electronic Media. Any data storage medium - paper, computer, scanner, copier, hard drive, tablet, smartphone - should be treated as if it contained protected data and must be securely wiped prior to transfer or disposal.
- System/Server Security Worksheet
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliance