Child Development Permits

Permits Issued by:California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
916-445-7254 or 916-445-7256
Web address:
E-mail address:
Permit Qualifications:Child Development Permit Matrix
(Child Development Training Consortium)
Permits Required:For all staff at state-funded preschool and child care programs; Title 5 Programs such as the Associated Students Children's Center / Child Development Laboratory.
Permits Recommended:For staff at other public and all private programs which are licensed through Community Care Licensing (Title 22, Department of Social Sciences). For federally funded programs such as Head Start.
Application and Costs
Fees required for application process and fingerprinting (or Livescan)
Apply For:Site Supervisor Permit
When to Apply:After graduation (or before if permit is needed for a position)
For Further Information:Valley Oak Children's Services
530-895-3509 or
Butte County Office of Education
530-895-3572 or 1-800-345-8627