UMatter is a comprehensive initiative that focuses on promoting positive mental health behaviors.
The mission of the UMatter program is to…
- Advocate for people with mental illness.
- Educate people about resources.
- Converse about mental health and stigma.
- Embrace self-compassion, vulnerability and mistakes.
- Model compassion for others and bystander intervention.
Since 2013, UMatter has been providing outreach for the CSU Chico Counseling center. The goal of the program is to raise awareness about emotional and physical self-care, and teach the necessary skills for students to make self-affirming choices in college, but also throughout their lifetime.
Want to get involved?
UMatter is a student-focused program designed to engage student-to-student conversation about mental health.
If you would like to take part in actively improving Chico State’s campus environment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.