Education is our passport to the future,
for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it
– Malcolm x
The faculty workload report shows all faculty assignments for the semester, all classes, and all assigned release times.
The faculty workload report is required by the Chancellors Office each semester, as well as any summer and January intersession terms that have state-supported classes.
The faculty workload report is done at the beginning of each semester. The due dates for each semester are posted on the APSS – Faculty Workload web site.
The faculty workload report is public information and is posted on the Chancellor’s Office website (http://www.calstate.edu/es/intranet/applications/aa/apdb/apdb_discipline-report-by-campus.shtml). It provides information about each individual CSU campus as well as a system wide summary. Some of the information provided is FTES, FTEF, student to faculty ratio and average class size. The report is also used by the Chancellor’s Office to help determine if there is a need for additional classrooms.
- Workload Report Log in using your staff Portal user name and password to view the workload report.
- FTES Trades Report Link to FTES Trades report
- AWTU Long Form Form to document Instructor AWTU.
- Workload Excess/Short Documentation Form is no longer used. Instead depts and colleges will receive a Contract Variance Report each semester listing all instructors that have a contract variance for the semester.
Due Dates & Supplemental Information
- Faculty Workload Due Dates (PDF) Quick reference for Workload due dates and basic workload "To Do's"
- FTES Trades Due Dates (PDF) Quick reference for FTES Trades due dates and FTES Trades quick guide
- Workload Report Checklist (PDF) Quick reference for basic workload "To Do's"
- AWTU Codes and Definitions (PDF) List of all AWTU codes, definitions and appropriate uses
- AWTU Form Types and Instructions (PDF) List of AWTU codes by form type and printing instructions
- Course Classification Listing (PDF) List of all course classifications, required meeting time, and amount of WTU generated