The Career Center's services are available to currently enrolled students and alumni. Services for educators include:
- Assistance in preparing a professional "self-managed" file that will help you throughout your teaching career. Individual appointments and assistance as well as drop-in hours from 4-5 p.m. in the Career Center (SSC 270) are offered on a daily basis. Call 530-898-5253 to schedule an appointment or set an appointment online
- Counseling and guidance with respect to professional letters of inquiry, résumé review, interview techniques, workshops, ethics, supply and demand trends, application procedures.
- Participation in the annual spring Education Hiring Fair. This fair is generally held in April of each year.
- We list many excellent educational job search sites. We particularly recommend Ed-Join.org, but also recommend looking at the many other sites listed. Most school districts in California use Ed-Join as their primary recruitment service. Each state has a version of EdJoin.org for teaching jobs outside the state, for example, Google “teaching jobs in Oregon,” etc.
- Computer lab: We provide a computer lab in the Career Center (SSC 270) with access to a scanner to upload documents, and a laser printer for your use from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily during the school year. Call for hours during the summer and break periods, 530-898-5253.
- Access to our JobCat database.
- E-mail service of local job leads.
Please note that the Career Center does not control your placement file, nor do we have a connection with or control of transcripts, credentials, or CBEST scores.