APPLICATION FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS 2017
Students Seek 2017 Community Service Project Proposals
Students from California State University, Chico’s College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management and a board of community advisors are seeking proposals for the students’ 2017 Community Service Project. Contact the Construction Management office for proposal information.
Each year, construction management students plan and lead a community service project from start to finish. Past projects have included:
- Veterans Building Re-roof and HVAC upgrade (2015)
- Salvation Army Duplex (2014)
- Barn raising at the local Patrick Ranch Museum (2013)
- Rebuilding homes in tornado-struck Joplin, Missouri (2012)
- Building upgrades for Torres Shelter (2010)
- Building homes for Catalyst Services for victims of Domestic Violence –2 homes (2010), 2 homes (2011)
- Responding to the needs of fire survivors in Concow, California (2009)
- Rebuilt 14 houses damaged by Hurricane Katrina (2006-2008)
Students spend months organizing and preparing for execution of the selected project. They are guided by a community advisory board and faculty from the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management (ECC).
Typical project guidelines include:
- Organizations must be not-for-profit and classified as charitable, educational or cultural.
- Funding for tools, equipment, materials and project supportive services can be included in the applicant’s project request. Fundraising requirements for project needs may be a deterrent to project selection depending on the magnitude of requested funding.
- Applicants must complete the CSU, Chico ECC Application for Community Service Projects form, found at the bottom of the page on this link. https://www.csuchico.edu/cm/student-act-achivements/community-service.shtml
- Be clear and specific in the application. Incomplete or vague applications will generate questions, which will only delay a decision.
- Selected organization(s) will be expected to execute a mutually agreed upon MOU. Please review the non-negotiable insurance requirements prior to submitting an application (sample MOU is attached to the application).
- E-mail the completed form to email@example.com.
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year, and selected at the end of August annually.
For more information, please contact Alan Bond at (530) 898-6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.