University Budget Office
The University Budget Office (UBO) provides the Chico State community and the general public with easy access to a variety of financial information about the university. Our office works with the University academic and administrative units to guide the annual budgetary process in support of campus strategies.
In addition to the reports available on our website, we are utilizing OpenGov in support of the transparency efforts of the state of California. This easy to use tool requires no login, and you may easily create and save custom reports. To access OpenGov please visit our portal. Or, see our how to guides for tips on using OpenGov.
The University Budget Committee (UBC) is a group of campus leaders, faculty and staff. Members serve one year and meet on a regular basis to review the interrelationship of academic programs and the campus budget, propose strategies, and review the effects of budget implementation before adoption by the University. The UBC operates in support of Executive Memorandum (05-017).
Budget Plans and Presentations (pdf)
- Current Campus Budget Plan 2015-2016
- Campus Budget Basics March 2016
- Campus Budget Basics December 2015
- Budget 101 February 2016
- Academic Senate Presentation Sept. 2014
- Prior Year Budget Plans; 2014/2015, 2013/2014, 2012/2013
- Glossary of Budget Terms
UBC Presentations (pdf)
- May 2016
- Academic Affairs Budget Model Update, Continuing Education Funds (CERF), University Division Reserves Overview, Capital Projects Update, Current Budget Resources, Tutorial of OpenGov
- March 2016
- Budget Resources Available, Review AY 15/16 & Planning Est AY 16/17, Historical College/Unit Rollover/Carryover Return, $14M Pres. Initiative & Fac. Ren. Pro., Prof. Dev. Funding History, Best Mechanisms of Comments, Questions & Feedback
- February 2016
- January Governor's Budget Proposal, Enrollment Update, Academic Affairs Budget Overview, Budget Task Force-AA, Budget Information Accessibility
- October 2015
- Reminder-Opengov.com, Budget Update, Climate Commitment, Costs to Operate the campus (FMS), Campus Facilities Use (CFU), Facilities Use Charges, Cost Recovery
- September 2015
- University Budget 101, Overall Budget/Divisions, Capital Projects Update, Student Success & Completion Initiative
- May 2015
- University Foundation, Research Foundation, Associated Students
- February 2015
- Budget Update, University Division Reserves, Enrollment
- October 2014
- Budget: General Overview, History of Allocations, Exhibit II Overview, Academic Affairs - $14M Initiative, Enrollment Update
- February 2014
- Governor's January Budget, Chancellor White's State of CSU Address, Governor's Measures & Accountability, Significant Budget Change, Capital Outlay Priority, Proposed Trailer Bill Language, Capital Projects
Helpful Charts on the Budget Process
OpenGov Financial Transparency Portal now available.
Click here to access CSU, Chico's new OpenGov Financial Transparency Portal.
University Financial FAQ
To access the University Financial FAQ, click here.
Budget Central provides budget information and news pertaining to California State University, Chico and the California State University system.