Training & Professional DevelopmentThis website provides information about professional development opportunities, compliance training information and links to the employee Development and Training System (DTS) where users can register for in-person sessions and complete online training.
The DTS will allow CSU, Chico faculty and staff to:
- Review and register for instructor-led workshops
- Track completed and assigned trainings
- Enroll and launch web-based courses
- Complete self-administered personal development
Need Help with the Development and Training System (DTS)?
- New employees may experience a delay getting access to the DTS. If you are unable to register for an instructor led training course please contact IT Support Services and they will help facilitate your enrollment.
- Questions about assigned training, review the Online Training topics.
- Go to the ITSS Knowledge Base review tips for Getting Started
- For technical support, please contact IT Support Services or (530) 898-4357
- For content or training assignment questions, please contact the appropriate training coordinator.
One-Stop for Employee Workshops
Looking for on-campus, in-person workshops for employees? Need help marketing your employee workshop?
Planning ahead?View the Schedule-at-a-Glance
New to Chico State?
Discover recommended and required training for new employees, and when access begins.
NEW Professional Development Offerings!More...
StrengthsQuest Team Building
for Departments and Work Groups
Writing for the Web & Social Media
2/28/17 (Tues), 8:30-10AM, Colusa 100B
Talk About It Tuesday
Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday, next session:
2/28/17 (Tues), 12-1 PM MLIB 172
Building and Sustaining Trust
2/28/17 (Tues), 12:30-4:30PM, Colusa 100B
Workshop postponed, new date TBA
Astra Schedule for Academics
3/1/17 (Wed), 10-11 AM, SSC 410
Communicating for Leadership Success
3/2/17 (Thur), 12:30-4:30 PM, BMU 203
Avoiding Bias in Hiring
• 3/3/17 (Fri) 2-4PM ARTS Bldg Rm 107
• 4/12/17 (Wed) 2-4PM Colusa 100B
Intergenerational Communication Workshop
Workshop postponed, new date TBA
PeopleSoft Class Scheduling
3/7/17 (Tues), 2-3:30 PM, SSC 410
Chairs and MPP: Valuing and Evaluating Staff
• 3/8/17 (Wed) 9-11AM, Colusa 100B
• 5/9/17 (Tues) 9-11AM, Colusa 100B
Bay to Box Files Move: Information Sessions
3/8/17 (Wed) 2-3PM, Colusa 100B
Course and University Curriculum Process Steps
3/9/17 (Thur) 9-11AM Colusa 100B
Conversations to Inspire Performance
3/10/17 (Fri) 8:30AM-12:30PM Colusa 100B
Interested in joining an Excel User Group?
• 3/10/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 3/24/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 4/7/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 4/21/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 5/5/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 5/19/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
• 6/2/17 (Fri), 2-3 PM, YOLO 234
Green Dot Violence Prevention Strategy Training
• Faculty & Staff combined:
03/14/17 (Tues) 9-10:30 AM, CLSA 100B
04/18/17 (Tues) 9-10:30 AM, CLSA 100B
05/18/17 (Thur) 2-3:30 PM, CLSA 100B
Free Effectiveness Institute Webinar: 6 Essentials for Teams that Work
3/14/2017 (Tues) 11AM-12PM Webinar
Financial Services Walk-In Lab
• 03/15/17 (Wed), 2-3:00 PM, SSC 410
• 04/19/17 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
• 05/17/17 (Wed), 2-3:00 PM, SSC 410
• 06/21/17 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
Diversity Advocacy Training
3/15/17 (Wed), 3-5 PM, BMU 210
Heartsaver CPR/AED Training
3/16/17 (Thurs) 9AM-12PM SSC 122/124 FULL
Women’s Leadership Roundtable – Join Us!
• 3/20/17 (Thur) 12-1PM, Colusa 100B
• 4/6/17 (Thur) 12-1PM, Colusa 100B
• 5/5/17 (Fri) 12-1PM, Colusa 100B
Tips for Better Business Writing
3/22/17 (Wed), 2-3 PM, Colusa 100B
Confronting Our Biases
3/23/17 (Thurs) 12-2PM, MLIB 442
Safe Zone Ally Training
3/27/17 (Mon) 10AM-12PM Colusa 100B
Dream Ally Training
3/28/17 (Tues) 9:30AM–12:00PM BMU 203
Communicating with Impact
3/28/17 (Tues), 12:30-4:30PM, Colusa 100B
How to Calculate WTU, Time-base and Faculty Salaries
3/29/17 (Wed), 9-10:30AM Colusa 100B
Principles of Supervision
April 17-18, 8:30AM-4:30PM
June 7-8, 8:30AM-4:30PM