Training & Professional Development
This website provides information about professional development opportunities, compliance training information and links to the employee Development and Training System (DTS) where users can register for in-person sessions and complete online training.
The DTS will allow CSU, Chico faculty and staff to:
- Review and register for instructor-led workshops
- Track completed and assigned trainings
- Enroll and launch web-based courses
- Complete self-administered personal development
Need Help with the Development and Training System (DTS)?
- New employees may experience a delay getting access to the DTS. If you are unable to register for an instructor led training course please contact IT Support Services and they will help facilitate your enrollment.
- Questions about assigned training, review the Online Training topics.
- Go to the ITSS Knowledge Base review tips for Getting Started
- For technical support, please contact IT Support Services or (530) 898-4357
- For content or training assignment questions, please contact the appropriate training coordinator.
One-Stop for Employee Workshops
Looking for on-campus, in-person workshops for employees? Need help marketing your employee workshop?
Planning ahead?View the Schedule-at-a-Glance
New to Chico State?
Discover recommended and required training for new employees, and when access begins.
Compliance Training Deadlines
★ 10/21 - 10/31/2016 Leads & Managers test training reports
★ 10/31/2016 Leads & Managers to run compliance training reports
★ 11/10/2016 Complete Not Taken, Overdue and Expired training
★ 11/14/2016 Run reports of overdue compliance training for VPs
★ 12/9/2016 Campus deadline to be 100% compliant
Chairs Topics and Facilitated Discussions
Lecturer Order of Assignment
12/02 (Fri) 10-12PM KNDL 207/209
Interested in joining an Excel User Group?
12/05/2016 (Mon), 2-3 PM, Yolo 234
Active Shooter Training: 19 Seconds
12/06 (Tues), 10AM-12PM, Colusa 100A
Women’s Leadership Roundtable – Join Us!
12/7 (Wed) 12-1PM, KNDL 207/209 (Moved from 12/8)
The Role of the Work Lead
• 12/07/2016 (Wed) 1-3PM Colusa 100A
• 12/15/2016 (Thurs) 1-3PM Colusa 100B
Using Work Study to Pay Student Employees
12/07/2016 (Wed), 2-4 PM, Colusa 100B
Concerned about Post-election “Hostile Environment”?
12/08 (Thurs) 12-1PM Arts Bldg Rm 111
Chairs and MPP: Valuing and Evaluating Staff
12/08 (Tues) 2-4PM Colusa 100B
Freedom of Speech and Expression on Campus
12/14/2016 (Wed), 2-4PM, Colusa 100A
Financial Services Walk-In Lab
• 12/21/16 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
• 01/25/17 (Wed), 2-3:00 PM, SSC 410
• 02/15/17 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
• 03/15/17 (Wed), 2-3:00 PM, SSC 410
• 04/19/17 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
• 05/17/17 (Wed), 2-3:00 PM, SSC 410
• 06/21/17 (Wed), 10-11:00 AM, SSC 410
Heartsaver CPR/AED Training
• 1/12 (Thurs) 9AM-12PM, SSC 112/124
• 1/17 (Tues) 1-4PM, SSC 112/124