Training & Professional Development
This website provides information about professional development opportunities, compliance training information and links to the employee Development and Training System (DTS) where users can register for in-person sessions and complete online training.
The DTS will allow CSU, Chico faculty and staff to:
- Review and register for instructor-led workshops
- Track completed and assigned trainings
- Enroll and launch web-based courses
- Complete self-administered personal development
Need Help with the Development and Training System (DTS)?
- New employees may experience a delay getting access to the DTS. If you are unable to register for an instructor led training course please contact IT Support Services and they will help facilitate your enrollment.
- Questions about assigned training, review the Online Training topics.
- Go to the ITSS Knowledge Base review tips for Getting Started
- For technical support, please contact IT Support Services or (530) 898-4357
- For content or training assignment questions, please contact the appropriate training coordinator.
One-Stop for Employee Workshops
Looking for on-campus, in-person workshops for employees? Need help marketing your employee workshop?
Planning ahead?View the Schedule-at-a-Glance
New to Chico State?
Discover recommended and required training for new employees, and when access begins.
Compliance Training Deadlines
★ Now thru 10/31/2016 Leads & Managers test training reports
★ 10/31/2016 Leads & Managers to run compliance training reports
★ 11/14/2016 Reports of overdue compliance training to VPs
★ 12/9/2016 Campus deadline to be 100% compliant
Interested in joining an Excel User Group?
• 10/24/2016 (Mon), 2-3 PM, Yolo 234
• 11/07/2016 (Mon), 2-3 PM, Yolo 234
• 11/21/2016 (Mon), 2-3 PM, Yolo 234
• 12/05/2016 (Mon), 2-3 PM, Yolo 234
Understanding What to Do for Injuries, Leaves and Workers’ Compensation
10/26/2016 (Wed), 10-11AM, Colusa 100B
Chairs Topics and Facilitated Discussions
Next session: Budget 101 for Chairs
10/28 (Fri) 10-11AM KNDL 207/209
Chairs and MPP: Valuing and Evaluating Staff
• MPP 11/01 (Tues) 9-11AM Colusa 100B
• Chairs 11/18 (Fri) 10AM-12PM Colusa 100B
• MPP 12/08 (Tues) 2-4PM Colusa 100B
Booking travel soon? Use Concur
11/01/16 (Tues) 2-3PM Colusa 100B
11/03 (Thurs), 9-11:30AM Colusa 100B
Effectiveness Institute - Webinars
• 11/2 (Wed) 11AM-12PM
“6 Essentials for Teams That Work”
• 12/1 (Thur) 11AM-12PM
"Three Steps to Thriving in Chaos"
11/02/2016 (Wed), 2-3PM, Colusa 100B
Astra Schedule for Academics
11/02/2015 (Wed) 3-4PM SSC Room 410
CSU's Got Talent - Webcast
11/03 (Thurs) @10am - Build a Workplace People Love, Just Add Joy
CSU 403(b) Plan: One-on-One Consultations with Fidelity Investments
• November 07, 2016 (Monday)
• December 01, 2016 (Thursday)
Caregiver Support Group
Next session: 11/08 (Tues) 12-1PM
Selvester’s Café, Room 104
Writing for the Web & Social Media
11/09 (Wed) 9-10:30AM Colusa 100B
Bay to Box Files Move: Information Sessions
11/09 (Wed), 11AM-12PM, Colusa 100A
Active Shooter Training: 19 Seconds
• 11/15 (Tues), FULL 9-11AM, Colusa 100A
• 12/06 (Tues), New Session 10AM-12PM, Colusa 100A
Confronting Our Biases
11/15/2016 (Thurs) 2-4PM Colusa 100A
Avoiding Bias in Hiring
11/17/2016 (Thurs) 2-4PM Colusa 100A