Training & Professional Development
This website provides information about professional development opportunities, compliance training information and links to the employee Development and Training System (DTS) where users can register for in-person sessions and complete online training.
The DTS will allow CSU, Chico faculty and staff to:
- Review and register for instructor-led workshops
- Track completed and assigned trainings
- Enroll and launch web-based courses
- Complete self-administered personal development
Need Help with the Development and Training System (DTS)?
- New employees may experience a delay getting access to the DTS. If you are unable to register for an instructor led training course please contact IT Support Services and they will help facilitate your enrollment.
- Questions about assigned training, review the Online Training topics.
- Go to the ITSS Knowledge Base review tips for Getting Started
- For technical support, please contact IT Support Services or (530) 898-4357
- For content or training assignment questions, please contact the appropriate training coordinator.
One-Stop for Employee Workshops
Looking for on-campus, in-person workshops for employees? Need help marketing your employee workshop?
Planning ahead?View the Schedule-at-a-Glance
New to Chico State?
Discover recommended and required training for new employees, and when access begins.
Bay to Box Files Move: Information Sessions
9/27/16 (Tues), 11AM-12PM Colusa 100B
Schedule Build Overview
9/27/2016 (Tues), 1-3PM SSC Rm 410
Disability Awareness 101
09/28/2016 (Wed), 9-10AM, Colusa 100B
Purchasing Office Supplies?
09/29 (Thurs), 9-10AM, Colusa 100A
Dreamer Ally Training
9/29 (Thur), 11AM–1:45PM, BMU 203
Employee Fee Waiver Information Session
9/29/2016 (Thurs) 12-1PM Colusa 100A
IT Procurement Review Process
9/30 (Fri), 9-10:30AM, Colusa 100A
CSU 403(b) Plan: One-on-One Consultations with Fidelity Investments
• October 03, 2016 (Monday)
• November 07, 2016 (Monday)
• December 01, 2016 (Thursday)
Articulating Accomplishments and Skills
10/3/2016 (Mon) 10AM-12PM Colusa 100B
Understand, Handle and Prevent Abusive Conduct in the Workplace
Faculty & Staff Sessions
• 10/4 (Tues), 1-3PM Colusa 100
• 10/5 (Wed), 9-11AM BMU 203
Administrators, Chairs & Managers Session
• 10/4 (Tues), 9-11AM Colusa 100
Course and University Curriculum Process Steps
10/5/2016 (Wed) 2-4PM Colusa 100B
Budget 201 Lab: Building Your Budget Tool
• 10/05 (Wed), 2-3PM SSC 410
• 10/06 (Thurs), 10-11AM SSC 410
• 10/12 (Wed), 9:30-10:30AM SSC 410
• 10/13 (Thurs), 2-3PM SSC 410
Safe Zone Ally Training
10/10 (Mon) 10AM-12PM Colusa 100B
Recruitment Life Cycle
• 10/11 (Tues), 9-10:30AM, Colusa 100B
• 11/10 (Thurs), 2-3:30PM, Colusa 100A
Effectiveness Institute - Webinars
• 10/11 (Tues) 11AM-12PM
“People – Difficult or Different”
• 11/2 (Wed) 11AM-12PM
“6 Essentials for Teams That Work”
• 12/1 (Thur) 11AM-12PM
"Three Steps to Thriving in Chaos"
Caregiver Support Group
Next session: 10/11 (Tues) 12-1PM
Selvester’s Café, Room 104
CSU's Got Talent - Webcasts
10/12 (Wed) "Changing the Conversation: Principles of Conflict Resolution," 10-11 AM
PeopleSoft Class Scheduling
10/13 (Thurs), 9-10:30AM SSC 410
Tips for Better Business Writing
10/13 (Thurs), 10-10AM, Colusa 100B
Women’s Leadership Roundtable – Join Us!
10/17/2016 (Mon), 12-1PM, Colusa 100B
Invest in Your Financial Future: Easy Ways to Save for Retirement
• 10/18 (Tues), 11AM-1PM Colusa 100B
• 10/18 (Tues), 2-4PM Colusa 100B
Avoiding Bias in Hiring*
10/19/2016 (Wed), 9-11AM Colusa 100B
Budget 101 Training Workshop
10/20/16 (Thur), 10-11AM, Colusa 100B
Booking travel soon? Use Concur
11/01/16 (Tues) 2-3PM Colusa 100B
11/02/2016 (Wed), 2-3PM, Colusa 100B
11/03 (Thurs), 9-11:30AM Colusa 100B
Writing for the Web & Social Media
11/09 (Wed) 9-10:30AM Colusa 100B
Active Shooter Training: 19 Seconds
11/15 (Tues), 9-11AM, Colusa 100A - FULL
Confronting Our Biases
11/15/2016 (Thurs) 2-4PM Colusa 100A
CMS-HR (PeopleSoft HR Access) Course Schedule
Interested in joining an Excel User Group?
Watch for more sessions this Fall